Monday, September 16, 2013

My first Exam. Ever.

I got some awesome news today.
Everyone my speech and drama teacher teachers passed their exam!

That means I passed!!

Whoop Whoop!

I went into my first ever exam with two girls from my class. I'm calling them G1 and G2. They did grade 6, and I did grade 4.
Half of grade 6 had been done earlier in the year.... So in other words... I had double the amount of work to do. 

It took us 50 minutes...
Me - Talk about type 1 diabetes
G2 - Poem
Me - Horace Poem (by Monty Python)
G1 - Poem
Me - Book reading from I Am Not Easter
G1 & G2 - characterization
Me -  characterization
Me- Impromptu story

There was talking in between, about modulation and what the poems meant. And stuff.  
For this exam, I memorised Horace Poem: 


Much to his dad and mum's dismay

Horace ate himself one day
He didn't stop to say his grace
He just sat down and ate his face
"We can't have this!" his dad declared
"If that lad's ate he should be shared"
But even as he spoke they saw
Horace eating more and more:
First his legs and then his thighs,
His arms, his nose, his hair, his eyes
"Stop him someone!" Mother cried
"Those eyeballs would be better fried!"
But H was on his second course;
His liver and his lights and lung,
His ears, his neck, his chin, his tongue
"To think I raised himn from the cot
And now he's gone to scoff the lot!"
His mother cried "what shall we do?
What's left won't even make a stew..."
And as she wept her son was seen
To eat his head his heart his spleen
And there he lay, a boy no more
Just a stomach on the floor...
None the less since it was his
They ate it - and that's what haggis is


I also memorised a A4 page of dialogue of Anne yelling a Mrs Lynde and then crying about it. I have perfected fake crying!

I did a four minute talk about Type one Diabetes.

Then I read a passage from I Am Not Easter, picked by the examiner on the day.

To finish it all off, I told an impromptu story with the title 'The Running Race'

I did almost an hour of practise every night in the week leading up to the exam.

And it paid off.

Sincerely,
Off to have a party.


1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this?!? You have done real good! :) (And I'll use this to tell you that I have passed the final hurdle for my PhD and the thesis is at the printers. Pass it on!)

    ReplyDelete