Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Book Review: Code

I have removed myself off Pinterest and made a coffee. I shall now conduct a book review.

The Virals series by Kathy Reichs (and her son) is amazing. I have enjoyed all three of the books, and I'm awaiting on the fourth. I think she has a contract to write five. Anyway, I want to review the third one in the series, Code.

Code features Tory, Hi, Ben, Shelton and Cooper, the Virals, along with supporting characters. The 5 have been infected with a experimental strain of canine parvovirus that has changed their lives forever. They solve mysteries and foil evil.

Code starts off with the Virals finding a geocache, having taken up geocaching. While normally you would record that you found the cache, this this there is something more sinister going on... They find another box, this time with a fake bomb inside.

The clock is ticking, and there are real treats being carried out. The Virals have to team together to pass the ultimate test.  What started out as a game becomes a life-or-death situation. Fortunately, they are more than friends-they're a pack. They are Virals.

Then the ultimate plot twist came along. (You really don't see it coming!)


I find it very hard to review action/mystery types of books, because I don't want to give anything away. However, if you have enjoyed the first two books in the Virals series, I would highly suggest Code.

I would suggest reading the series in order, so you understand what's going on. Now, if you are like me and have no idea what geocaching is, you can go to www.geocaching.com, and read up. Then you can put in your city's name, or postcode and see that there is many of these little hidden logbook like things all over the world - even in your city/town!

I was very dubious, so I went to the site and put in the name of city we live near, and was very surprised that there is over 4000 (recorded) hidden near the area I live. Wow.



1 comment: