Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The great Vege Pick

Today we worked in the Vege garden. when I was little mum used to encourage our green thumbs, but as we got older, she gave up. Growing plants has never really interested me because you have to wait weeks for results. 
Working in the garden made me realise that this waiting pays off! And I also realised time goes a lot quicker. The days just seem to blur into each other, then weeks and months. I mean I'm still in March! 
Anyway. 



I picked a lot of vege's - I hate wasting food, and mum didn't want them.


I put on some sunblock (this was back in the good 'ol sunny days last week) and got a chopping board and knife...


I had some leeks...



Quite a bit of beetroot (2.3 KG)...


Some rainbow silverbeet...

Some potatoes mum thought she had dug up...


Celery...
After I had cut of the tops ect., they suddenly didn't look so impressive! 


The leeks....


Carrots... (Sorry, I don't know what happened to the picture with their tops on)


Beetroot :) 


SO MUCH VEGETABLES!!!!


The rubbish I had cut off...


And just to finnish off this wonderful post fulled up with vegetables... I was peeling an onion for dinner when I noticed this ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment