Monday, December 30, 2013

Stumble on Your Blog: Using Social Media


This is the forth blog and last post in my Stumble on Your Blog series. We have had: 



And now I want to talk about using social media to your advantage. There is so many ways to promote your blog. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Search Engines, Pinterest, the list goes on. I want to talk about 5 ways you can promote your blog. 

  • Twitter 
  • Google+
  • Search Engines 
  • Comments 
  • Pinterest 

Twitter

Twitter allows you to 'tweet' something in less than 140 characters. This really forces you to get strait to the point of what your trying to say. When I tweet my blog posts, I normally go something like this:


Using hashtags is something you should be actively doing on twitter. Anyone who then searches for that hashtag will see your tweet. Take advantage of it provided for you for free - use it to the full.


Google+ 

Since I have joined Go Teen Writers, I have been building up a group of writing friends. None of whom I have meet in real life, but we support each others writing, and read each others blogs. You can post a link to Google+, and it will take one of the pictures from your post (you pick which one), and puts it together nicely with the title:



Google+ also uses hash tags, but to use them to your advantage, you have to post publicly so everyone can read what you write. Once again, when it comes to google - take advantage! 

Search Engines

Search Engines are underestimated. Use tags and labels so google can find you! Post regularly, so you aren't down graded in the ranking. 


Don't be scared of searching your own blog - find out where you are, and what you could improve on. 

Comments

When you comment on someone else's blog, don't be scared of leaving your blog address behind. I left this on my sisters blog - and she published it. 


My blog address is there, and I responded to her post - who knows who will put the address into google and search for me? Once again - use search engines to their full advantage, so people can find you!

Pinterest

Pinterest also allows you to pin articles, as well as pictures and ideas. Make a board for your blog, and promote others while you are at it - they will be thankful, and may return the favour. 


If you aren't on Pinterest, I would encourage you to get an account anyway - its a great idea and service :) 

There are many ways to promote your blog, I have listed very few. I have not included Facebook, because I do not have an account, but you can promote your blog via Facebook. Don't flood peoples feeds, but feed them a steady diet of your blog. 

The better and harder you try to promote, the more likely you will gain more hits. So go out there, tell the world you do have a blog, and you have things to share and say! 

Please note I am not an expert, I'm just blogging what I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment