Thursday, November 13, 2014

Writing Promises: I Will.

So, Heather over at Sometimes I'm a Story did this really cool "Writing Promises " post. It turns out she got the idea off Ava Jae at Writability who wrote a "10 Promises to Myself (as a Writer)" post, and she was cool with me also copying the idea! 

So, here are my writing promises! 

I will write what is real because honest writing is the best kind of writing. 

I will write in a way the scares me a little because reality is slightly scary. 

I will take a break sometimes and I will go outside, I will go and live and take in the real world so that I can later write about it. 

I will reward myself for any success and encourage others to keep going. 

I will share my writing and then I will take the feedback I get and listen to it. 

I will go after what I want because if you don't ask, you never know if the answer is yes or no. 

I will remember those who helped me and I will acknowledge them and help them in their own journeys.

I will push myself to the edge because that is where I have to chose to take the leap and learn to fly.

I will not tell myself off when I write something terrible, because the bad writing always comes before the good writing.

I promise to write for everyone who wonders if I write about them, because I do. 


Do you have any writing promises? 

2 comments:

  1. Those are some really great promises! I think the hardest one for me would be "I will go after what I want because if you don't ask, you never know if the answer is yes or no." It's hard when you don't know exactly what you want, but I should really decide. It's just a matter of that, I suppose.

    But I also love the last one—that one really resonates with me. All awesome! Hopefully we can keep to both of ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Especially the one about writing in a way that scares you—that can be really hard, but I think it's where some of the strongest, most genuine writing comes from.

    Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete