Wednesday, January 7, 2015

10 Things For You

I hit a wall about a week ago. I hit it while going 100km/h. It was messy.

(This wall is metaphoric, don't worry.)

When I stood up I realised that every part of me that was enjoying editing and loved to write was gone. I stared at the page of my WIP, not sure where to start with my highlighter. The curser blinked at me, but I had no ideas.

Have you ever been there? Are you there with me now? This one's for you.















Today, because I know I love what I do, I will force myself to edit or write. Sometimes tough love is the best way to go.

(P.S. with all my extra time, I gobbled up Stephen King's On Writing. It's a bit crude, but I highly suggest it for the advise!)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement—these are great quotes! I hope writing gets a little better for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. true. writing can be such a brick wall, yet it is something I need to put all my energy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so looking forward to editing Clandestine. But I need to finish writing it first. These quotes are so encouraging! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete