Monday, January 12, 2015

Books I Have Eaten Recently



Read

People are raving about this book. I don't really understand why. I related to Cath so much, but I couldn't stand the story. I will write a review. Then you will understand.

I read this book over and over, but it is never as good as the first time. I love Ally Carter so, so much.

I never thought I would say this, but I enjoyed the movie more than the book. Please don't hurt me.

Better than TFiOS. Down to earth, a solid, entertaining read. 

Unexpectedly good. But I don't think I will re-read it soon. 

This book made me laugh, I used my highlighter and took the advise to heart. Not to say I would follow it.

This book was the right length, wonderfully told and very enjoyable. 

 Is there going to be a third book? I need a third book. This book tied up so many lose ends, but not enough. 

But now I need to read the Maze Runner. I've got it on hold at the library but I'm 5th in line. What am I supposed to do while I wait?  

Reading

Is this a murder mystery? I feel like it's turning into a murder mystery. I like murder mysteries. Especially 848 page long ones. 

I love true stories about horses. I've read books about Snowman before, but I can't get into this one. Someone help. 

I LOVE BOOKS SO MUCH. I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS WHEN I GET TO READ ALL DAY.


What are you reading at the moment? 

12 comments:

  1. hehe, that post title made me laugh... Those sound really interesting, I'll have to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well somedays I read two books, so it's like I 'eat' them xD

      Delete
  2. FANGIRL...did not make me fangirl.

    I related to Cath, definitely. She was kool, but she was insecure. I kind of felt like the book was saying, "You gotta do this in order to find yourself. You gotta be able to do this." She ended up changing out of her own skin.

    I liked Levi at the beginning, but at the end he just fell kind of flat for me. Maybe it's because of what he and Cath do at the end. I'm glad Rowell spared us of the details, and I've no doubt that's how college life is, even in the Midwest, but sometimes I wish humanity didn't have to be so depraved. (Hopefully that wasn't a spoiler for anyone :D).

    Also, the language distracted me a bit.

    I did like Stephen King's ON WRITING--he has a very dry and humorous outlook on the world--but again, the language distracted me. It wasn't too bad, though. Select and spicy.

    I agreed with you on those two! This is an awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm I agree. I am a lot like Cath- I understood her anxiety problems, but the whole Simon Snow thing was just awful. It was just a rip off of Harry Potter, and I skipped the extracts after the first few. I liked Levi at the start as well, and he was quite funny sometimes, but again, I agree- also, I felt like he pressured Cath to do it.
      I didn't really get the whole thing with Nick.
      The whole book made me feel a bit miserable to be honest. And the language wasn't necessary.

      Agreed! I've never read any of King's other books though- I like to try and sleep at night xD

      Delete
  3. Ha ha, I have that movie checked out from the library right now. And I'm not really actively reading anything. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :/ It's taken me a while to get back into reading after exams- All I had read for two months was textbooks xD

      Delete
  4. I'm currently reading Fangirl, and I think Cath is such a relatable character. Rainbow Rowell really understands introverted people who love books and writing. However, some of the content is a bit mature, so it's not quite my type of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath is relatable, I agree! And it is mature- more so than I expected.

      Delete
  5. I actually haven't read most of these, but I have heard of many of them. Let me tell you, though: Maze Runner is good. Didn't like the sequels, but still. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting! Our library is really quite hopeless. I didn't really enjoy The Kill Order that much tbh, it was very rushed, and then I didn't really get the last chapter.

      You too :))

      Delete
  6. Heist Society is so great! Ally Carter is a very talented author and I love that she writes clean fiction. But I'm sad to hear you didn't really like Fangril. I thought it was very decent.
    I'm reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson right now. I've heard great things about it, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    Inklined

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I EAT ALLY CARTER BOOKS A LOT. They make me very happy.

      I am unhappy that I didn't enjoy it as well- I was quite ready to!

      I hate it when that happens :/ I've heard Brandon Sanderson somewhere before. I'm off to stalk his books on Goodreads :)

      Delete