Saturday, January 3, 2015

Here's To Being Another Year Older

It just never ends, does it, this growing up business? Year after year, it comes around again.

One more year means things like biking up the road without a helmet on, for the hell of it, you're old enough to take responsibility for your head.

It means saying 'age is just a number' because when kids talk about being born in 2005, you realise you remember 2005.

It means wondering why you never bet Snake on a Nokia phone, then realising most kids wouldn't even know what Snake is.

Growing up is about growing into who are are. Growing up is about not worrying about what other people think. Growing up is about having your own ideas and beliefs. Growing up is about standing up straight on the beam of life, letting go of your parents hands and taking your first step.

Growing up is realising that the world is made up of people like you, everyone is in 3d, but you will only see most people in 2d because people are impossibly complicated universes. Growing up is learning to give back to those in your life.

Here's to being another year older.

Here's to learning more.

Here's to making it this far.

And here's to you, wonderful people in my life: 


Shout to my BFF. You're to awesome for your own good ;) I'm lucky to be able to call you my best friend. And thanks for the awesome blog post!!!


12 comments:

  1. I always think it's funny because every day we're a year older than we were last year. But you're right. Making it this far, and growing up? Those are some intensities, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up. Ah, the joys and pains. But, I guess it's part of life and we'll just take each day as it comes, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a perfect representation of my thoughts all throughout, ESPECIALLY Snake. It's just not the same on the computer ... *cue bittersweet*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREED *dissolves into pile of sad glitter*

      Delete
  4. Seriously. This growing up thing, right? When I hear a kid is 4 years old, I'd think, "So they were born in 2006 or something," and then I'm like, "No. 2011 was 4 years ago." Life moves too fast!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! Inklined.
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAIT WHAT. No!! 2006 was four years ago!!

      It moves way, way to fast.

      Delete
  5. I have a sister who was born in 2005... HOLY SMOKES I JUST REALIZED THAT WAS TEN YEARS AGO. O.O I remember it.... *screams*
    Great post! Happy birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete