Sunday, February 1, 2015

Bye January, Hey February

Everyone is doing these end-of-month recaps, and I'm here in New Zealand where it is already February. Until today, I hadn't even thought of doing a wrap-up-January kind of post. It still hasn't really hit me properly that January is gone. HOW ARE WE 1/12 THROUGH 2015 ALREADY?

I'm tired and I want to climb into bed and stare at the rain (IT'S RAINING!), so I'm going to try make this post quick.

January Writing:
I been (slowly) editing. I wrote a few short pieces. I'm critiquing the start of someones story, something they once did for me. It was a very quiet writing month. I still sort of still writing exhausted from mock exams, NaNoWriMo then real exams in a little over two months.

January Life: 
I have kept up my running. I've slept in the tent. It's been hot. I've been getting better at the Guitar. I picked up my Clarinet and could still remember everything (to my surprise). I moved my bed so that I could use my desk next to the window and reach my bookcase from my bed.

I've been taking the time to slow down and stop mentally counting down to the next event. It's going to come anyway.

January Blogging:
My top blog posts were as follows:

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
I'm glad yall liked this one. It took me ages to write!

Blog Posts I Enjoyed Recently
I have another one of these coming your way... Also, refer to this post for what I've been reading in the blogging sphere because I'm still reading the same blogs (plus more cause everyone is awesome).

Fangirl: Why Did You Do That?
I learnt things through this post. Yay to learning!

Also, I did my first linkup! May there be many more!

January reading:
I like to read. So I read 21 books in January. I enjoyed Shattered and On Writing the most. The Kill Order was my least favourite.


Shatter Me
Bridge to Haven
Christy Miller's Diary
Shattered
The Selection
Kezzie at War
The Eighty-Dollar Champion: Snowman, the Horse That Inspired a Nation
Code Name Verity
The Raven's Wing
You Don't Even Know
The Runaway Jury
Eleanor & Park
Rain Dance
The Truth About Alice
The Kill Order
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Fangirl
Heist Society
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Looking for Alaska


In February: 
Read more books before the pressure really gets on at school,
Start school,
Re-adjust to going to school,
Schedule blog posts more,
Write short stories on the bus to use my time up.

What was awesome about January for you? What do you hope to do in February?

Wild Horse is quite tired at the moment. She even posted a half finished post last night. When she woke up, she picked up her phone with one eye open to read her messages and there was comments on it. She freaked. It's the quickest she's woken up in a loooong time. 

13 comments:

  1. XD You had a productive January! I hope you have an awesome one next month, too. :D

    (Also, yeah, I really liked that discussion on the Fangirl post. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the Fangirl discussion as well :))

      Yay to February!

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed with all the reading you did! I read 15 and was impressed with myself, so kudos to you xD And, I haven't read...any of those books o.0 Not even Kill Order. I must remedy this. *sighs* But great wrapup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 is awesome! I don't think I had read any of the books you read either :)

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Good job on the reading definitely! I'm in a non-reading mood, and arhhhhhggggg... any tips on how to return to my former self who devoured book after book?? Good post anyways...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha pick up a favourite and read it again, or try an eBook or audio book for a change maybe? :))

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Yay! Running! I always love it when I meet a fellow blogger that runs because running is full of all kinds of awesomeness. 21 books?!? HOW?!? Code Name Verity is an amazing book. How did you like it? I also really want to read On Writing someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You run goo?? Yay!! Thats awesome :) We are awesome :)

      Weeeellll I'm quite a fast reader xD

      I did like it! It was heartbreaking at the end. The writing was just flawless. I would defiantly suggest On Writing :)

      Delete
  5. 21 BOOKS? Whoah. Impressive. I only read seven, but I'm hoping for a lot more this month.
    I'm really wanting to get into the scheduling post deal, but I usually thing of post ideas on the spur of the moment, and blogger never posts them when I schedule them. :/ Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I tend to come up with a whole pile of ideas at once, so I sit down and write the posts, them keep them as drafts and post them when I don't have anything else to post :)

      Do you hit the publish button (rather than save) after scheduling them? Because if you don't, it won't publish them :) I did that the first few times I used it.

      Delete
  6. How. Did. You. Read. So many books?!? I read, like, 3 books in January. While I did have exams, I don't think it's even close to possible I could've read that many. So kudos on that! Sounds like a fruitful month for you, may February hold as much and more writerly love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just a fast reader I guess xD Thanks :)

      Same to you! :))

      Delete
  7. How. Did. You. Read. So many books?!? I read, like, 3 books in January. While I did have exams, I don't think it's even close to possible I could've read that many. So kudos on that! Sounds like a fruitful month for you, may February hold as much and more writerly love!

    ReplyDelete