Saturday, February 21, 2015

Fan Month (!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Do you know how long I have been waiting to do this? Ever since Heather first did it, last year (it was last year right? I'm tired. I don't even know anymore).

FAN MONTH! 

(And yes, that gif is from The Sound of Music. And yes, I like The Sound of Music. Deal with it).

What is Fan Month? 

The idea is to be a fan of others blog, rather than concentrating on yours. It could be for a week, or it might be  a certain time of the day- as long as you are focusing on being an audience member. 

You also share what you a reading, and discover new blogs. It will run for March, and you pick the period of time you are a fan in. It's just an awesome time to concentrate on others blogs, have comment-conversations and just be awesome. I used the word awesome a lot in that sentence. 

I think I have gone on for long enough, and confused everyone. I'm sorry. I do that. Forward! 

To Begin: 

When do you plan on being a fan?
I plan on being a fan (that rhymed haha I should write a rap or something) every evening for a week. The amount of time I have might vary from day to day, depending on homework.

What goals will you set for yourself?
I would like to find 5 new blogs, read at least 20 different ones and leave 50+ comments.

Are you going to set any rules for yourself? Exceptions to those rules?
I will try to pin each post I read onto a board I will set up. I don't think I will blog for the week, that will leave me with more time. I will allow myself to only not comment on one post a day.

Where do you plan on sharing the great posts you read?
Pinterest and Twitter. I will try to pin every post, and I will try to tweet 5 or more. Depending, I guess.

Where could you be a fan outside the blogosphere?
Hmmmmm. In English class, I think. We write quite often and peer review is going to start as well. Also in Drama.

Hey, you! Yes, you, wonderful mortal. You should try being a fan as well. You can find out more here
Yes, more Sound of Music. Don't worry, she will soon be in love and on the run. Oh, and singing during thunderstorms. DUN DUN DUN. 
Wild Horse is wondering. What if everyone she follows decided to try fan month? No one would be posting, and she wouldn't have any blogs to fan over. And, off topic, why isn't cannibalism allowed? Like, wouldn't it be a way to stop over population? And encourage survival of the fittest? Her morals might be a tiny bit messed up... 

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo, another Fan Month participant! Shamefully, my post isn't going up until next Monday, so *twiddles thumbs* My taking-a-break from blog will essentially be Tumblr, which eats up wayyyy too much time, since I've scheduled all my blog posts for March already. But the visiting new blogs thing will be absolute fun -- so happy that more people are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tumblr sucks away time without you even realising, doesn't it?

      Same here! I'm super excited :D

      Delete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! :D You wrote a great explanation, and the way you've set up your schedule sounds manageable and achievable, so way to go there! :) It's so exciting to see more people sign up, and I'm super glad that you're so enthusiastic! It's always more fun with friends! :)

    (Also, Sound of Music GIFs. Life. Love. They are art. *weird backwards explosion kiss hand that French people do*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't want to say anything wrong haha. It is! I can't wait!

      The Sound of Music is a movie I will never be able to let go of, no matter how old I get xD

      Delete
  3. Um...yes, I think your morals are just a leeeeeeeeettle bit messed up...

    Anyways, I hope to participate in fan week as well. My post won't go up until my fan week starts, which will be the first week of March, but I can't wait. I think it'll be a short of mini hiatus for me while I spend time commenting on lots of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. BUT SOMETIMES I WONDER.

      I'm excited for it! Everyones jumping in, which is cool to see :)

      Delete
    2. Cannibalism is a dietary hazard and extended consumption can lead to degenerative diseases in your brain. However, it has also been used as a ritual in funerals when someone's ashes were baked into bread, that sort of thing. It's not something I'd recommend over an extended period of time, but it has been done successfully in the past.

      Delete
    3. Really!?!

      I don't think I want my ashes baked into bread. Or to eat bread with ashes baked into it.

      Hmmmmm.

      Delete