Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Times They Are a-Changin'

Indeed they are. I mentioned a while back, in my post Chocolate, Changes and Chances  (which had nothing to do with Chocolate), that I had been thinking about a new design. It was kind of not true, because I've been working (and thinking) on a new design since November last year, and I've ben through hundreds of ideas, photos and colors.

Finally, I think I am close to my final design.

There is lots of change, but I'm only going to let you have a tiny glimpse (which looks grey for some reason), because theres still lots to do, and I haven't reached the final final point, if that makes sense.

My Name 
I started blogging when I was 11. My blog was about horses, and so I picked the pen name Wild Horse. I have regretted it ever since, and I'm finally going to change to a real name. I spent a while researching names, and then finally decided to use Opal, which had been my first choice. I'm going to start using Opal from now, to let yall (and me) adjust to it. It feels weird, but hopefully that will wear off. 

The Header 
I once tried to change my header, but everyone likes Hunter too much, so I changed back. While I do love that picture of Hunter, and the header I have now, I'm changing to a simpler, more professional looking header. 

The Sidebar 
Away with the gadgets! I often think when looking at my current design. My new design is going to have the bare minimum I think I blog should have. A cluttered sidebar makes me want to cry. 

Overall: 
More simple, hopefully easier to use. I will be seeking what yall think when it goes live, which will be just before I start my Fan Month, on the 23rd of March. 

 Change is good? Change is bad? Opal is good? Opal is bad?


Opal is sorry she used Bob Dylan lyrics in the post title. She hopes that you are all still alive. She couldn't resist, it was the first thing that came to mind. Saying Opal is weird haha. 

10 comments:

  1. Opal is fine, it will fit better with your blog, but it will be hard to get use to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! I HAVE WANTED TO CALL YOU BY A REAL NAME SINCE FOREVER. BECAUSE I MEAN SURE YOU LIKE HORSES BUT YOU ARE NOT ACTUALLY A HORSE, EVEN IF HORSES ARE YOUR SPIRIT ANIMAL! YES REAL NAME YES YES.

    Sorry. Maybe that's a little too overenthusiastic. And I don't know if this is good or bad, but of course I will associate you with Opal Koboi from now on because I love that series still.

    I'm also super excited to see what design changes you make, and I of course can't wait to hear about how your Fan Month all goes as soon as you get there! :D (I'm doing mine this week, heheheh.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I'M SO HAPPY YOU LIKE IT BECAUSE WHAT IF NO ONE DID I WOULD CURL UP AND CRY.

      Not overenthusiastic xD Haha I will have to research that name, I know it not.

      Yay! I hope you're having fun :)

      Delete
  3. Opal..Opal...Opal...
    Ok that was probably creepy. I'll have to get accustomed to calling you this now...
    Haha, I think I found you by that blog...I think anyways.... =P
    Can't wait for the new design! I'm sure it'll look awesome...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy!

      Haha maybe xD I can't even remember how I found yours xD

      I hope so!! :)

      Delete
  4. Opal it is then! I remember I used to go by Queen of Starlight, and I set up fancy names for all my blogs and such. I wish I just went with Alyssa for all of them. And as you already know, I changed my design, so it's great to anticipate someone else's design.

    And it's a great idea to start Fan Month right after, since you can put all the muss and fuss out of your brain :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I figure I should take the leap now to save myself later xD

      Yup! That's the idea :))

      Delete
  5. Opal. Okay, this'll be hard to get used to, but I like it. I actually use a pen name, but when I become an author (because I'm not going to say "if" :D), I want to use my real name. I'm a little nervous about how a name change would go, but seeing another blogger do that gives me some comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Haha yeah, I'm still turning it over in my mind like 'this is weird'. Glad I can be a comfort :)

      Delete