Sunday, April 12, 2015

Summer Bucket List Tag

My eyes are dying from watching this. 


Thanks, Jo for nominating me for this tag!


Rules:

Write 15 things that you want to do this summer (if you can't think of 15 that's ok) and publish it in a post. Insert the pictures above and nominate 4 other people to do the tag.

15 Things I want to do this summer: 

1. Summer Song
The last two years I've ended up playing one song over and over all summer, and I look forward to discovering and deciding which song it will be. I guess it's kind of important to me, because in my mind the song will always link to summer memories.

2. Step out of my comfort zone
Maybe go rock climbing. Or something less drastic, like go on a summer camp as a leader or do something I would normally sit on the sidelines for.

3. Dye my hair. 
I did this last summer, and it was pretty much a failure. This summer, I'd like to try harder. I need advise though! If I was to dip dye my hair (which is red), what color should I go for??

4. Go camping with my best friend
Cryptonite and I did this a few years ago, and we had a blast. I think. I don't know. We still laugh about it, so it wasn't a total failure (lets just say hunger, pre cooked sausages, a slow gas cooker and our legendary cooking skills all mixed).

5. Write & Revise
It's kind of scary that when summer comes around, King of Fire will have celebrated it's second year of existence. I want to continue to revise it while working on my other stories this summer.

6. Sleep under the stars 
My sister and I slept in the mesh part of the tent for a few nights last summer, which was cool, but I'd love to just sleep on the lawn or in the paddock in my sleeping bag.

7. Spend all day in bed worrying 
I need to set a day aside to worry in, because otherwise worries about my future will nag me all summer.

8. Get a tattoo
I don't know. I know what I want, but do I want to get it done this coming summer, or wait until I've left school?

9. Sing a song and video it for my future embarrassment 
It's a Sound of Music thing and I've been waiting to do it since I was 10. I will not apologise xD

10. Read
Everything I possibly can. Because books.

11. Take photos 
Of everything, without holding back. I've been realising that my days as a teen are coming to an end (the horror!), and the real world is going to hit me soon. I want to have photos to look back at.

12. Get up with the sun, go to sleep with the sun
Doesn't that sound hard!? For me, I like to get up when the sun reaches the middle of the sky, and go to sleep sometime 15 hours later. But I think it would be cool to be in sync with the sun, like farmers used to be.

13. Travel 
I'm not normally a leave home sort of person, but I'd like to catch a bus somewhere, explore, stay over night and come home again. There's something about losing yourself in someone else's hometown that is nice.

14. Visit my cousins
If you've been hanging around Opal Swirls for more that 4 months, you will know that I love visiting my cousins where they spend their summer. It's one of the biggest highlights of my summer.

15. Harry Potter marathon or Lord of the Rings or something
The point of a movie marathon is eat popcorn, get bloodshot eyes and end up being the only one left at 3am, right? Not to watch the movies. This has to be done with friends for maximum impact!

If you would like to do this tag, please do it! I can't possibly only pick 4 people. 
What are yall looking forward in summer? Do you like Traveling? Have you dyed your hair before? What color? Have you ever done a movie marathon? 
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Opal feels like she has more questions about what should happen in the coming summer than anything else. Someone help! 
Also, Opal has noticed that she has some new followers! *Breaks fourth wall* Thank you, amazing peoples! You make my day. Have a cookie :))

20 comments:

  1. Nice bucket list! As for your hair, maybe blonde or light copper or something a few shades lighter than your hair colour. Like so: http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/592x888/k_n/NRoberts_gl_19sep11_pa_b.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Wow, that is cool!! I tried blonde but it didn't show up, but I think that was probably because it was the first time I had ever tried to dye my hair xD

      Delete
  2. Awesome list! I really want to dye my hair too, but I think I'm gonna wait to dip-dye it till I'm out of school.... I would be going for a more purple, but that's just cuz I think that'd look good on my hair =) I'm sure red would look great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeeesssss. I did purple streaks last summer and it didn't last long, but I loved it.

      Delete
  3. You should dye your hair...MAGENTA!

    And for the tattoo thing, that'd be so kool! I think I'd like to get a tattoo, maybe on my neck or on my ankle, just a small one, but probably for my eighteenth birthday. I don't think my parents would go for me getting one when I'm only fifteen/sixteen...but if yours will let you, then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES BECAUSE YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE :P
      We always talked about me getting one on my sixteenth but it never happened xD I want three- one on each ankle and one on my wrist. I think a small tattoo is a really cool way to express yourself or to remind you of something.

      Delete
  4. Great list! A lot of the things on your list would be on mine, too. And you should dies your hair electric blue :P. If I could dye mine, I would die it silver, just because it's an awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, red hair...I'd go with blonde or black. That could look cool.
    And of course reading and writing made it onto the list. ;) What's summer without ordering way too many books from the library?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black! Thats an idea. I know someone with red hair who did that, but she didn't blur her red and the black together properly :/ But if it was done properly, it would be cool. Bold, but not out there :)
      I know right?!

      Delete
    2. Once you do it you should post or send me a picture. I'm sort of partial to blonde myself since I'm blonde, but I saw your comment above. :D I think black would look awesome. :)
      Because we have to bury ourselves under books. :)

      Delete
    3. Haha okay I will :)
      We do!

      Delete
  6. Are you going to dye all of your hair, or just like a part of it?
    My sister wants to dye the tips of her hair blue, but my Dad won't let her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the confidence to completely change the color, as much as I would love to try. I just put streaks in or dip dye :)
      Yes, its a complicated debate. I like to do it because it's just a way of expressing myself, its when you do it because you are unhappy with what God gave you or because you're being vain that it can be a problem (in my mind anyways).

      Delete
  7. Ohh, a marathon! I'm hoping to do a Lord of the Rings marathon, but my family doesn't own all of the movies and so we're going to have to pull some favors. My summer is going to be a bit laid back for about 50% of the time, the other time will be hectic!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Whatever we decide on, I will have to get my friends to help out xD
      Same here- I feel like holidays always swing from crazy busy to nothing then crazy busy again.

      Delete
  8. Ooooh, this is a great list!!! I wish I could make one, but super swamped with the A-Z Challenge right now...I'll have to make a bucket list, though, some time in May! I cannot wait until Summer!! Have a great week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :))
      It's a great idea to plan some things to do in summer! You too :)

      Delete
  9. Marathoning sounds like the best idea ever, first of all, and reading and writing and all that good stuff. Just curious, though, what are the laws on tattoos where you live? I know that here (in my state, not the whole country) there are different restrictions on age. Of course, my state in particular is mostly unregulated so I am not super eager to get a tattoo here specifically because HIV. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think in New Zealand you can get a tattoo after the age of 16 with parents permission, but after 18 it's a free for all :) It's quite regulated though (I think).

      Delete