Sunday, May 10, 2015

Dear mum,

Dear mum,
Thank you for making dinner every night. 
Thank you for waking me up at 6:30am every school morning with coffee.
Thank you for driving me to the cinema, friends houses and sport games. 
Thank you for making me learn to make my bed and clean the house. 
Thank you for buying me takeaway coffee at the end of hard weeks.
Thank you for installing a work ethic in me. 
Thank you for listening to my rants. 
Thank you for insisting on celebrating my achievements.
Thank you for sharing your chocolate with me. 

Thank you for being the best mum in the world. In the very, very unlikely event that I am ever a mother, I can only hope to be as half as good as you are. 

Your oldest, 
Opal
_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal thinks all mums are awesome, and if it's what you do or want to do, go you! It's certainly a demanding job. Happy mothers day!

16 comments:

  1. A very timely post (I never remember to write posts for special days, it's sad). Mothers are really important in everyone's lives (or at least guardians who love and care about you.) And I'm in exactly the same boat about the unlikeliness of ever being a mother, mainly because I don't think I can be trusted with an entire person (!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very important :) I know- I never know what to do when I'm holding a baby and then they start crying and also they smell weird.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! My mother is amazing and I really admire her, and I love talking to her and how amazing she is. I would love to be a mother someday ver, very far in the future, but there is no way I'll ever be as patient with my kids as my mum is.
    Thanks for this :)
    -Shanti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do end up a mother- and I'm sure you'll be awesome :)

      Delete
  3. This was sweet. :) I feel the same way about my mother. I agree with you about being unlikely to become a mother. I'd probably drop the poor baby. :') why is it unlikely for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so would I. I just don't like the idea of having a child, then having responsibility of them for the next 18 years. Also, *whispers* I kind of think babies are gross.

      Delete
  4. This is quite the letter! Mother's Day is the best. I don't know if I'll be a good mother, but... :/ We'll see when the time for it comes!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is- often we forget how much mothers do. I'm sure you'll be awesome!

      Delete
  5. Aw, this was so sweet! Moms are the best, there's no denying that.

    ~Noor
    www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this is very sweet. I hope your mom had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she did as well- although sh's not that into it haha.

      Delete
  7. That's such a nice thing for your mother! I completely forgot about it, so I wasn't the best daughter. But I played with my little sister, helped my mum shell chickpeas, and talked to her. Why don't you want to be a mother?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot as well (I thought it was till a week away) :/ This was my gift to her :)

      Many reasons- responsibly, the idea of having a child (pain and blood), and also I'm super impatient when people won't listen, which is what most children are like xD

      Delete