Monday, May 18, 2015

The Creative Blogger Award




Alyssa and Liz, who are quite equally wonderful both tagged me for the The Creative Blogger Award. Before you go any further, if you don't already follow Liz and Alyssa, go forth and do so. You will not be disappointed.





Rules:
Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you
Share 5 facts about yourself with your readers

5 Facts About Me:
I used to just make up my mind about things, but now I often change my mind. As I've got older, I've found it harder and harder to make decisions- possibly because I now weigh up the smallest chances. This can be crippling when I'm asked questions on the spot.

I can't understand 99.99% of humans 99.99% of the time. I do not understand why humans think about the things they do most of the time. I do not understand why they insist on doing it out loud. Think before you speak and save us the pain.

I'm cooler on the internet that I am in real life. In real life, I walk into desks, trip on chairs, drop things and sing out of tune. I also completely zone out when most people start talking- I just 'mmmmm' and 'oh yeah'. I can be blunt and uninterested. On the internet I don't drop things and if I zone out while writing a comment, no one else ever knows.

I'm a seriously deep sleeper. Once I am asleep it's pretty much impossible to wake me up. I almost never dream, and when I do, it's normally a nightmare. However, I take a long time to fall asleep and it happens suddenly. One moment I will be reading, the next it will be 6 hours later and my book will be on the floor.

I seriously dislike people who think they know me because we have talked a few times or hang out in the same group. If you start a conversation with 'well, from what I know about you, you would/wouldn't/do/don't...' I want to scream and rip your head off. If you don't know the full story, don't try and guess or make assumptions then wave them around.


I Tag:
Horse Frenzy | Autumn | Jo Elizabeth | TW |  Aimee |
Mary | Rcubed | Athelas | Emma | Annika | H.M. Wilson | Heather | 
Rachel | Brooke | O WilliamsMaddie | MorningTime4 | + Anyone else |

_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal has talked about herself, and now it's your turn! Opal loves getting to know people (when it's not face to face), and can't wait to see your posts. 

30 comments:

  1. Yayy! Thanks for nominating me! I loved your answers... That must be so awesome to be a deep sleeper, I'm like really a light sleeper. Even the turning on off the hall light or something will awaken me, and then I'm just like, "What? Where? How? It's 3 A.M? SERIOUSLY?" ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :) Thank you :)
      That must be horrible! Although I'm terrified of sleeping through the smoke alarm haha.

      Delete
  2. Omg this is my second time being tagged! Awesome! Thank you so much! Definently gonna be posting this soon! ^^

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Can't wait to read it :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! I got tagged my Alyssa too and now I feel so loved...:') kidding. I agree 100% with the last one. People would be like "Jo wouldn't do this" or "Jo would say that", but...they're not me, so how would they know? I'm not trying to sound like a 'misunderstood teenager', but very few people know me well and it bugs me when people who don't know me act like they do.

    I'm surprised about you not understanding other people, though. We're both INTJs, right? My area of expertise lies in knowing what motivates a person and why someone said something. Guess the test isn't as entirely accurate as I thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :) Arg yes. People are super complicated and you should never assume to understand one because you have a class with them or whatever.

      I understand why people make choices they do in their lives. But I don't understand WHY. A classic example: my classmates hate/refuse to stay in during lunch, even if it will benefit their learning and all they are giving up is 45 minutes of gossip time. I understand why they don't want to give up lunch, but at the same time WHY wouldn't you, when if you don't you are hurting yourself. If that makes sense? I find humans fascinating, and I will defiantly do some psychology papers at uni.

      Delete
  4. Your facts are so detailed! I also find some types of human behavior weird, like when my classmates feel the need to have a friend along when looking for a teacher. Like, why even?

    I have such similar sleep habits to you! It's also difficult for me to fall asleep, but I just can't wake back up. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I guess. YES. Like I understand that you want to get out of class with a friend, but it's not worth a fight with the teacher.

      Delete
  5. This was so interesting. I totally sympathise with the bumping into things part. I bump into things often. I walk into pillars quite a bit (they're very dangerous) and one time I walked into three people in three minutes (I WAS reading at the time but still, it's pathetic) I often have scrapes. Yesterday I twisted my ankle. Anyway, enough about me! This was a fascinating post,Opal
    -Shanti @ http://weavingwaveswords.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk into the year 9's at school because heaps of them are short xD
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats, girl! I just tagged you for something on my blog, if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for tagging me! I'm not much of a person to do tags anymore on my blog, but the facts you posted are interesting! I sleep really lightly; if someone gets up at two in the morning to use the bathroom, I am up and I cannot go back to sleep, at all. My mind is in a constant chatter mode. Clumsiness is something I relate to, too. I tripped in front of five teachers and being one of the only students in the hallway, it was awkward. :) *trips signing off this post*

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All goods :)
      Haha I think it gets to the point where you trip because you are focused on other things. I would have been bright red xD

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the tag Opal! I will try to get a post up sometime this week... :-\ We will see if anything actually happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thanks for the nomination! I'm exactly the same as you when it comes to the difference between online and real world. I'm so much more talkative when typing! I'm worried that one day I'll meet a bunch of GTWs and they'll be expecting me to talk a whole lot and instead I'll just be awkwardly standing on the edge of the group wondering if I should be there. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that half of GTW would be like that xD

      Delete
  10. Ahh! Your facts could pretty much describe me!!! I am so antisocial sometimes, and I never quite know what to say around people. And I hate it when others, even my parents, assume they know what's going on in my head. Normally they don't. And while I usually do understand why people do the things they do, I often pretend I don't understand because ignorance can be comforting. (I don't know if my INFJ has anything to do with that--I guess we're supposed to read people? Once, my mother and I were sitting side by side, and I told her exactly what she was thinking at that moment and traced the route that led her thoughts to that--and I was right!!!) So anyway, thanks for doing the tag, and thanks for your kind words about my blog! Sorry I'm behind on commenting. :( I do love your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is awesome :) Thank you for the tag!

      Delete
    2. Aww, thanks! :) And you're welcome. :D

      Delete
  11. Awesome facts! Haha I am also cooler-sounding on the internet than I am in real life...in real life, I couldn't hold a proper conversation to save my life.

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily! Thank you for dropping by Opal Swirls. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can hardly hold a conversation :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you so much for the tag! I totally understand the inability to understand other people, and being cooler on the Internet than in real life. I am for sure way more confident online than I am in real life! Also, I too am a deep sleeper (I've slept through fire alarms, actually), although I dream frequently—I just do not remember them, most of the time. But, when I write them down, they are vivid and odd. Sorry for the late comment, but I will do better next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :) No such thing as a late comment! :)

      Delete
  13. "I'm cooler on the internet than I am in real life...."

    I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I posted mine! Thank you for tagging me!
    The fact of 'I'm cooler on the internet than in real life' is me. And I'm not even cool on the internet. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome :) Welcome :)

      Delete