Monday, June 8, 2015

Liebster Award | Infinity Dreams Award

Source 
It turns out the rules for the Liebster Award and the The Infinity Dreams Award are almost the same, with the exception that the Liebster Award has lost the 11 facts thing, the the The Infinity Dreams Award has gained it. I decided to mix the two awards- shoutout to Annika and Serena for the tags.

 I fear I am about to talk about myself a lot, so after the next paragraph, feel free to skip to the end where the tags are.

I was just interviewed by Anne over at her blog. It was a lovely surprise to get her email about it, and it's awesome to make more friends. Also, 56 people care enough about what I have to say that they followed Opal Swirls? You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for bothering to hit the follow button and comment. Every comment makes my day.

Now, onward to the tags.



Rules:
Thank & link to the blogger how tagged you,
Answer the 11 questions,
Nominate (11) bloggers, and ask them 11 questions.

Annika:

What is the strangest food you've ever eaten?
Um, I'm not sure. I'm not a fussy eater, but I don't think I eat anything strange. When I was a child, I ate lemons. Does that count?

If you had to turn into some sort of plant, what would you choose?
I'd wouldn't mind being an oak tree.

A coconut and a pineapple are arguing over who is better. Write out their argument.
C: I am clearly superior because someone once said I kill 150 people a year, simply by falling from a tree.
P: I'm yellow and I have spikes.
C: Humans hate yellow food.
P: Opal likes me more. Burn.

What is the most irrational fear that you've ever had?
I'm terrified of spiders. If you have ever been up close to one of those things you will understand why. All those eyes, legs and hair everywhere! They move quickly and just ewwwwww! I know it's irrational because I'm bigger than the spider, but still.

Which is your favorite planet?
I'm quite fond of earth. I don't really know anything about other planets, because I've never been that interested in space.

Why would you make a good President of the United States?
Because one day Hunter and I are going to rule the world anyway. Also, I believe hard work and morals build a nation and I'm the person to bring them back. Not to say America is lazy and without morals.

What is the longest book you ever read? Tell me about it.
No idea. It would have been over 500 pages. And good, since I kept at it.

Have you ever received flowers? What kind and from who?
No. And if anyone has ever thought of buying me flowers, I would like to direct them to a bookstore.

Did you ever watch Veggie Tales, and if you did, what was your favorite part?
YES. I am a white middle class Christian, it's part of the role. The theme song is the best part by far. If you like to talk to tomato's, if a squash can make you smile... HAVE WE GOT A SHOW FOR YOU.

Tell us a few facts about your first crush.
Um. He was a boy. Of the boyish kind. It wasn't serious.

Would you prefer a lightsaber or Excalibur?
Lightsaber!

Serena:

How long have you been blogging?
I started my first blog over 4 years ago now.

Why do you blog?
I just do I guess. I like the people. I like the friends I've made. I need somewhere to write out what's on my mind or what I'm excited about.

What do you find challenging about blogging?
Sometimes I have a million post idea's, the rest of the time I have nothing. I also find keeping track of other's blogs hard.

What is your favorite food dessert?
I like apple pie and apple crumble and chocolate self saucing pudding. Also, trifle.

And while we're on the topic of food, do you prefer tea or coffee?
COFFEE. It's is all you need to survive, don't let anyone tell you anything else. Coffee flows in my veins.

Is there a specific kind you like, and do you have a special mug?
I drink my coffee black, as strong as possible and hot. I turned my special mug into a pen holder because I was terrified of it it getting broken.

What is your favorite tree--either a particular tree or a species in general?
I love Oak tree's. We have an oak tree. When I was a kid, I would climb up to the top and sit up there for ages.

Who is your favorite poet, and why?
That is such a hard question to answer. Until about a year ago, I laughed poetry off. But no longer! Some of my favourite poems are As I Walked Out One Evening by W.H. Auden, The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost and Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley. I like them because they are interesting, with massive themes behind them. Go forth and read them- or at least As I Walked Out One Evening. There is so much poetry to read, and I haven't found my absolute favorite yet.

What do you enjoy doing on a sunny day? And on a rainy day? (if it's reading, tell us about your favorite reading spot!)
On a sunny day I like to go outside and mess around with my camera. On a rainy day I like to sit in bed and read. In summer I sit in on the armchair in the lounge. I think I would like to hand a hammock to read in in summer.

What is the book genre you read the most often, and why?
Contemporary, because I like reading about the real world. I like characters I can relate to, in a world I know. I also like action/spy because I can have a good adventure without having to move.

Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers?
I've been blogging for over four years, and I still have no idea where I'm going with it. I'm always changing my mind and something on my blog. And I think that that's the important thing. You don't need to know who you are to have a blog, you just need to be able to write about your life or other things- bring us on your journey. Also, have a clean design, so that we can read your posts (please! Please, please, please!)!

My Questions:
What do you miss about your childhood?
Lots of friends or a few good friends? 
Winter evenings or Summer mornings? 
Coast or inland? 
Where and what would your dream house be like? 
Do you tend to organise or leave mess? 
What sort of music do you like? 
Do you have any pets? 
Do you live in the country or city? 
Do you play an instrument? If so, what? 
Would you like to visit New Zealand someday? 

I'm ignoring the rules, so... I Tag:
Autumn | Jo Elizabeth | TW |  Aimee | Mary | Rcubed | Athelas |
Emma | Annika | H.M. Wilson | Heather Rachel Brooke |
O Williams | Maddie | MorningTime4 | Serena Alyssa | + Anyone else |

_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal just got back from her best friends, which was fun. She is eating peaches from a tin, so Hunter and the other two cats are sitting at her feet because they think she has wet meat. Hunter misses Opal when she goes away. 

17 comments:

  1. Your answers were great, Opal :) I already did the Liebster award, but I think I'll have to do the Infinity one. *groans* I really should get an awards post up ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :)
      I look forward to reading you post :)

      Delete
  2. Nice answers, Opal! What, you'd choose a lightsaber over Excalibur? But... But... It's the nighters sword out there! XD
    Veggitales were my life when I was a kid. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know much about King Arthur and the surrounding story, so I just went with what I know :)
      :))

      Delete
  3. This was so much fun to read! I have a climbing tree, too (at my parents' house), but mine is an ash tree. I think. Thanks for the tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we have any Ash Trees. Do they make good climbing trees?
      Welcome! :)

      Delete
    2. I don't know about all ash trees, but this one is a great climbing tree with low, wide branches for sitting on. There are a few pictures of it floating around my blog; here's the most recent one if you're interested: http://poetreeandbooks.blogspot.com/2014/09/september.html

      Delete
  4. THANKS FOR NOMINATING ME! I might not get around to doing it, but my summer break is nearly here, so I might!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me, Opal! I like pineapples more than coconuts, too, although I do appreciate coconut milk as a non-dairy person. I too love action and spy books, and I liked Veggie Tales. I'm not going to comment on the President of the USA thing. Just know that I do have comments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I don't really like the taste of coconut milk. Have you ever had dairy milk before?
      Haha all goods xD

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, definitely. I had it all the time when I was a kid. I didn't really like coconut milk at first, but it's better than rice milk. :P (I mean, it's not saying a lot but we do what we can.)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for tagging me, Opal! The coconut/pineapple argument is simply the best. Obviously your opinion counts for more than anything. And oh my, people who drink their coffee black are hardcore. So you're hardcore. *nods at own logic* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :) Haha yep xD
      Cool, hardcore sounds good ;)

      Delete
  7. The Veggie Tales thing tho. I'm dead.

    Also btw we are lazy and without morals so no one's offended and if they are then they're in denial.

    Thanks for tagging me; I'm finally getting around to posting my answers.

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for tagging me! I find it hard to keep a track of the blogs I'm following too. I usually find time to comment on most of the posts on my favourite blogs, though (which is how I found this, days after you posted it). I'm following too many, I suppose. :')

    ReplyDelete