Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Recently | Hello June


Um, is anyone else freaking out that we are about to be halfway through 2015?! 2015 was supposed to be my year, but it looks like I might have to pin those hopes onto 2016 at this point. The year is going to quickly, and I feel left behind.

May was a pretty bad month to be honest. I didn't really post much, school sucked, everything I started didn't get finished, May had new friends and old friends all thrown together. It was one of those months when the highs are seriously high, and the lows were worse.



On the blog, I did very little. Jo guest posted, and I guest posted for her in return. My post popular post was The Creative Blogger Award. I have many other awards to do, and I hope to get around to them this month.  I didn't get around to reading others blogs as much as I would have liked to. I even skipped commenting some posts, sorry! I promise to try harder in June.

Reading wise, I read 10 books in May. My favourite would have to be This Song Will Save Your Life, closely followed by Life in Outer Space and Alice and the Fly.




Slaves of Socorro
Submerged
This Song Will Save Your Life
Alice and the Fly
Ultimate Comics: Blade vs. The Avengers
A Voice in the Wind
Life in Outer Space
The Paris Mysteries
An Abundance of Katherines
A Sensible Arrangement
_______________________________________________________________________________

So, tell me about your May! What did you get up to? Are you in Winter or Summer? Did you read any good books? Did you do anything with your family, or are you all crazy busy? 
_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal is tired. Opal is ready wishes the Goodreads widget would centre! 

14 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it's been a rough month for you -- but hey, it's the turning point of the year, right? Things are bound to get better :) Your pictures as always are gorgeous, your cat is cute, OMG YOU READ ALICE AND THE FLY WAS IT GOOD, and I look forward to seeing what other awards you've amassed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! :)
      Thank you haha. Alice and the Fly was good :)

      Delete
  2. Aww...I'm sorry about May. Are you out of school yet? We are, and summer, well, hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine. (literally and metaphorically).
    You have such gorgeous hair <3 All your pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a two week holiday in a month, but our long holiday isn't until December :)
      I hope summer starts to look up for you :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. We're in summer. :P I wish it would just stay Spring forever though. Did you get those book covers in the post using the Goodreads widget?! *files little notes away for future use* I'm sorry to hear May wasn't so great for you. When do you finish school? May has been my first month of summer break, so I've been able to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed. I wish there was a better way of doing- the widget is very limited and frustrating. School isn't out for the year until December in New Zealand :)

      Delete
  4. You're right, this year has gone by really fast! I'm sorry for the low lows, but I'll celebrate your high highs with you! *raises glass of nonalcoholic drink because laws* I don't know most of the books you read, BUT I know that Brotherband is looking good. Did you like it?

    (Also, you're getting right into the swing of school now, right? Your vacations are in summer, which are at basically the other end of the year, right? I'm sorry. :/ I'm all here and doing summer vacation things, so, I'm afraid I can't sympathize except with the memories as you hit the wall. Keep going! You can do it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to get through- I kept getting distracted, but it was good :) I like Brotherband.
      We are getting into the swing of school. We're just hitting the hardest part now. Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. I hope that June is a better month for you. I feel May is one of those seasonal transition months, and goodness, those types of months are hard. You read the Raven Boys? It's such a great book, isn't it?

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Raven Boys, although it was confusing :)

      Delete
  6. I hope things improve for you in the following months. :) I just got back from a blogging break (exams are over!) so I'll have to catch up on all the posts I missed on your blog. :') How did you like An Abundance of Katherines? To be honest, I thought it wasn't one of Green's shining moments. Paper Towns was better for me.

    Also your hair is incredibly pretty. I'm constantly jealous of red-haired people because I'm a boring shade of black myself. :( are you still going to do the dip-dye thing you mentioned before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper Towns was better, although I enjoyed An Abundance of Katherines. Green's books seem to be kind of repetitive though.

      Thank you :) I have to wait until December because my school doesn't allow un natural color in hair :/

      Delete
  7. I have found my way over here from Anne Marie's blog where she interviewed you. I enjoyed it!
    As to the year being half over… well, one can say it's still got half forthcoming. Never give up on the year until the last day is staring you down… then, it's over! LOL

    I hope June is calm and productive for you. Here, in my part of the world we are heading into summer - so far, so good! We never really get scorching weather like some parts of the world. (I'm on the WestCoast of Canada) We do get a lot of rain.

    Anyway… keep smiling, and whatever you've been working on, keep at it… eventually, just like the year, the end will arrive.

    Happy thoughts, Jenny @ PearsonReport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview! Haha so true.
      I'd love to visit Canada some day, it sounds awesome :) And I'm all for more rain than sun :)
      Thanks :)

      Delete