Thursday, July 30, 2015

Opal Reads Go Set a Watchman


Opal brings you another gif post, because words cannot fully express her joy at reading Go Set a Watchman! I am very aware of the controversy around the publishing of the book. To Kill a Mockingbird is a favourite, and I want to re-visit the characters so I've chosen to ignore it. How or why a book is published shouldn't stop you from enjoying it.

When mum told me she preordered Go Set a Watchman...

When mum got an email saying it had been posted...

Waiting for it to arrive...

Arrival!...

Waiting to read it in a peaceful time...

Reading the first page...

Halfway through...

Because...


Then... 

And back again, until Scout's strange wisdom just hits me and...

Closing Go Set a Watchman...

Knowing I'm going to have to fight for my love because not many people share my view...

Being happy books exist in general...


'I need a watchman to tell me this is what a man says but this is what he means, to draw a line down the middle and say here is this justice and there is that justice and make me understand the difference.'
― Harper Lee, Go Set a Watchman

_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal read Go Set a Watchman in one sitting. She didn't want to dislike it, but despite that it's not put together very well, she found herself (thankfully) enjoying it. It made her feel something. The words were beautiful. 

18 comments:

  1. The reactions you had are hilarious! I'm kind of curious though (and this comes from someone who hasn't read it yet, so please no spoilers :P): how is it not put together very well?

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Well, it was sort of disjointed- it was like three different things thrown together; the present time, Scouts childhood and then bits of what I guess you could call wisdom.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you liked it, even if there is a lot of controversy surrounding it all right now! I think I'll read it myself at some point, but in the meantime I'm glad that other people are liking it, even if it isn't the same as To Kill a Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get to read it sooner rather than later :)

      Delete
  3. I love gif posts, this was the best! I haven't even read To Kill a Mockingbird yet, I'll have to go read that one first :)

    ~Noor
    www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasps* I don't know that you would have to, but I would suggest reading To Kill a Mockingbird first :)

      Delete
  4. The GIF's you used were perfect, Opal. Excellent choices, I've got to say ^_^ To Kill a Mockingbird was absolutely amazing...I really need to get my hands on a copy of Go Set a Watchman. Hehe, yeah, all the controversy surrounding it is pretty crazy, but I think I still want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It was! I guess in the end, what happens with the money and who gets rich doesn't change the book :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting, a review in GIFs.
    I'm terribly envious, though. I become hyper every time this book is mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I wasn't sure how it would work out xD
      So did I, but now I've read I've calmed down slightly :)

      Delete
  6. I STILL NEED TO ASK MY DAD TO BUY ME THIS BOOK. EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO CRY IN A CORNER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Pats you on the shoulder* YOU WILL GET TO READ IT.

      Delete
  7. :') THE GIFS. Ah, I can't wait to read Go Set a Watchman! I'm getting it at my local bookstore the minute it comes out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I can't wait to hear what you think of it :)

      Delete
  8. THIS IS SUCH A WONDERFUL GIF REVIEW. I'm so happy you liked it -- there's so much controversy around it, but I am looking forward to reading it. And your gifs are on point, of course :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to hearing what you think :)

      Delete
  9. I've been wondering about this, so good to know you enjoyed it. If I get ahold of it, I would be very excited to read it :)

    ReplyDelete