Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Recently | Hello July


Oh hey there July, what did you do with June? Can you please bring me snow? Please relax a little so I can too.

July brings promise. July signals the end of almost all my internals, and the beginning of studying for externals. July brings the delicious cold. July makes me want to be outside all the time. Oh, and July comes with a two week holiday!

Two weeks of freedom, which already look pretty full. I'm doing an extra biology report so I have enough excellence credits. Cryptonite and I want to hang out. My family might go to Auckland with my dad who has a conference. Also, I stocked up on books last week so that I can spend the first few days just reading. I have to write a study plan for mock exams.

June was one of those months which were okay, but at the same time you're not sure what you did. I did a speech and drama exam and a drama performance. I got a terrible cold, missed an away soccer game and did a math competition. Oh, and I kind of drove. A car. And didn't crash into anything.



On Opal Swirls, Christian Music & Why I Don't was the most popular post, followed closely by When You Read an Amazing Book. In July, I hope to post more often, use more gifs and just be more awesome in general.

I would like to give you a list of awesome blog posts I read in June but *whispers* I kept forgetting to start a list. I promise to try harder in July!

Meanwhile, enjoy looking at the few books I managed to get through in June. I enjoyed over half of the books on this list, so yay!


All the Bright Places
The Paladin Prophecy
Interrupted: A Life Beyond Words
Avengers: Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman
Steal My Sunshine
Tiger Eyes
The Raven Boys









What did you read in June? Was June a good month for you? Did you read any blog posts you would recommend to me? Any books? What do you look forward to most in July? 
_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal is currently freaking out because it's the last few days of term and everything is happening, and her biology teacher has gone to Africa for a few weeks and and and people and getting her character for the next drama performance handing in two English internals and missing another soccer game and getting back her statistics mark. 

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I finished Paper Towns, Looking for Alaska, Fangirl (for a second time :P) and started the Book Thief. I can't wait for July, we're going on vacation to California!

    I've heard of All The Bright Places, is it a good book?

    ~Noor
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) THE BOOK THIEF. We shall not speak of what that would did to my heart. That sounds awesome, have fun!

      All The Bright Places was a very very good book :)

      Delete
  2. June was a busy month... (The rest of the summer going to crazy for me, though! Lol!) I hope you get to relax a bit! :)

    My favorite book I read this month would have to be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, quickly followed by Boy written by Roald Dahl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you do as well :)

      MY HEART. THE BOOK THIEF.

      Delete
  3. Dude, if you get snow, I want it. It's summer here and this today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far. Good job on getting started driving! :D I love driving, so I just get excited about that business. Have a great July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's not summer here anymore!

      Haha thank you :) Theres to much to think about driving, I'm not sure If I will master it xD

      Delete
  4. ...I don't think I can get used to the idea of a cold July. For me it is heating up now to an average of 90 degress Fahrenheit! I've been to the beach and it is fireworks time here in the U.S.
    How did you like Interrupted? I've read that one ( a while ago) and my cousins are friends with the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can't get used to the idea of it being hot xD

      Interrupted was okay... It jumped around to much, I think it could have been longer and then the characters would have gotten more development :) Thats so cool!

      Delete
    2. Mmm, it didn't blow me away either, but it was decent. I don't read a lot of contemporary . . .at al . . . So I don't have much to compare it to.

      Delete
  5. I read a couple of nonfiction books that were taking me forever to finish, and I also enjoyed The Winner's Crime and Beastkeeper. It's going to be a pretty busy July for me, but I'm really looking forward to swimming more and hopefully being involved in the local farmer's market! And I almost wish it was snowing here, because it's been in the 90's for the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't branch out into non fiction much (apart from Science magazines). Swimming is something I miss about summer :)

      Delete
  6. Sweet recap. That Christian Music post was the bomb. :) How did you find Paladin Prophecy? I saw it a while ago while browsing through a bookstore, and it looks pretty interesting (totally judged a book by it's cover but...meh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :)

      *Whispers* Don't tell anyone but I kind of.... skipped... parts. It was interesting, but some of it dragged on a bit.

      Delete
  7. I totally feel you on having to work over the holidays. I'm supposed to have a two-month holiday but half that time is devoted to summer camps, I have a gigantic reading list, and of course I had to go and join Camp NaNo. And hey, a maths competition and driving without crashing? That sounds like a fabulous June to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of Summer camps are you going on? There is never enough time is there? :/

      Thank you :)

      Delete