Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Writers Life For Me Tag


Thanks to Rachel over at Stained Glass Windows, we embark today on a journey into Opal as a writer. Don't worry, I put in lot's of gifs, well because...



Rules: 
Thank the person who tagged you.
Answer the ten questions.
Re-post the picture.
Tag 5-10 bloggers.

Questions:
1. What kind of writer are you? 
A normal one?


Just kidding. I write YA and sometimes tragic poems. Because sometimes I have tragic white girl moments. My YA tends to be contemporary or fantasy. I'd like to try some spy/action sort of stuff though.  

2. When did you start writing? What made you want to try it?
When I was your age... 


I've always dabbled in writing. I didn't write seriously until I was 14. I didn't just decide to write seriously, I wrote my first 54,000 novel in less than a month. I did it because I had an idea and I wanted to carry through with it, tell the story.

3. What inspires your stories?
People. The people around me, the people I hear about, read about. The stories of people. 


4. What themes do you like to explore in your writing?
Mental illness, the teenage psyche. The way humans interact and use each other.



5. Are you a pantster or a plotter or a bit of both?
A bit of both. 


6. Where are you at in your journey? Querying, agented, published?
Just writing when I have the time. Publishing is a big question mark- I don't know if I'd ever want to try. 



7. Have you ever entered any writing contests? Finaled? Won?
Last year at school there was a writing competition and I came second. Or runner up, because they only had first place and then runner up/second. I don't even know. 


8. Who are your writer heroes?
I dunno man. Like, there is way to many amazing writers, you know? 


9. Have you been to a writing conference? Share your best or worst conference experience.
Nope. I live in New Zealand. The most exciting thing that happens here is this


10. Top 3 tips you'd give to newbie writers?
Aren't we all new, still stumbling and learning?



Stick at it,
Don't push yourself to write something you don't like,
Don't follow any advise including mine, just go for it.

I tag: 
Ally | Alyssa | Anne Marie | Annika | Heather | H.M.Wlison | Jo | Liz | Rcubed | Serena | 

_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal obeyed the tagging rules today. 10 people. She's proud of herself. Normally she can't resist tagging allllllll the peoples.  

14 comments:

  1. I understand you at being both a plotter and a pantser. I think it might depend more on the book you're writing rather than the type of writer you are, but that might just be me.

    It was nice to hear more about your writing journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! Some things need to be planned because they are complicated.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! :D I'm a little bit of a plantser as well, and the tragic white girl moments hits a little bit too close to home, haha... I do think it's so important to remember that we are all learning writing, and no one ever becomes a master. I'm glad we all keep learning! Thanks for sharing, Opal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a mix of plotting and pantser, too. Also, how are wrists ever normal? We're a weird bunch, but the super good kind.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for tagging me! A+ gif usage in this post, as always :D I used to be a pantser, but lately I find myself using a mix of both techniques? Plantser? (save the plants 2k15) And yeah, writing is a lifelong learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mental illness is such a great topic, especially because we need to be more aware of it in different forms. I LOVE NEW ZEALAND. :') That sculpture's not that bad, I'm surprised there's controversy surrounding it! In Australia, news half the time is about bushfires. One time we had an emu war and a kangaroo that escaped the police. The southern hemisphere is exciting indeed. (Thanks for tagging me, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. ME TOO, I really do :'D
      Emu war???? xD
      Welcome :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for tagging me!

    Like you, I'm both plotter and panster. I like to have an idea of where my story is going, and a rough framework, but if I try too much plotting, my brain shuts down. I use to be all panster though, so it could be I'm gradually becoming a plotter.

    Anyway, thanks again for tagging me, and I look forward to answering all these questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! :)
      Same, I find myself losing interest if I plan to much.

      Delete