Saturday, August 1, 2015

Recently | Hello August



Well August is here, and in New Zealand winter is going to start leaving. Which means the before long flowers and bee's will be back. And we're now heading toward the end of the year. Before we know it, it will be November and then 2016 and we will all be a year older wondering where times keeps going.

Blogs:
I managed to collect a few posts I liked! Go forth an check them out because they are awesome posts by awesome people.




On Opal Swirls, we hit some pretty cool numbers, including over 27,000 page views and over 370 published posts. Opal Swirl's 2 year blogoversary is this month! I'm not sure what to do for it, any suggestions? It will mark Opal Swirls heading into it's third year.

Also, Heather, mentioned above, found the picture on the right, of a real Opal Swirl!


Life:
Well, I recapped the movie night I had with friends in this poem. Having a bunch of people from school over was a massive step in my confidence. I also read Go Set a Watchman, and did a gif response. I also did about a post about having sibling(s), which you guys seemed to relate to.

July also had the two week holidays. I visited my best friend, left my homework for as long as possible and was unusually unproductive. In fact, I'm not even sure what happened during those two weeks. What did I do?

Also, I binge watched the first season of Daredevil one weekend. So many feeeeellllssss.


Reading:
I read 8 books in July! Considering I had two weeks off school, I should have read more. All of the books were pretty good. Have you read any of them?


Hollow City
104 Horses: A Memoir of Farm and Family, Africa and Exile
Avengers/Iron Man: First Sign
Go Set a Watchman
Red Queen
There Will Be Lies
Prisoner B-3087
Since You've Been Gone
_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal has way to many things to be getting on with. August is going to be a crazy busy month for her- she's got mocks in September, so has to start studying. She's also part of two drama productions. She's sorry she hasn't been visiting your blogs very consistently. 

19 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pageviews and blog milestones! :D oh, and thanks for the mention as well. :) You should do a special post for your anniversary (which you were probably thinking of doing anyway, I'm guessing), maybe a contest/interactive post? Or a rewind/recap type thing of the history of your blog. I don't know. Your cat is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Welcome :)
      A recap is a definite :) An interactive post is a good idea, thanks Jo!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my quiz! And congratulations on the milestones :D :D Since I love your gif posts to death, I think you should celebrate your blogoversary with many, many gifs. And a contest like Jo suggested would be cool, although there are loads of other things you could do to mark the date: blog redesigns, giveaways, twitter chats, EVERYTHING. So excited to see what you go with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! :)
      YES gifs are a great idea! Thanks for the suggestions :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for mentioning my post! People did seem to like that one. :) I look forward to your blogaversary! Maybe you could do a vlog or a contest or something. Anyway, here is an early congratulations, and I hope you do well on your school stuff as it's coming back around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome post! :)
      A Vlog! Hmmmm. Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Miss Penergrine's always scares me... I really don't want to read the book, but I have to. *sigh* But for your blog anniversary, I suggest you should do something with tons of GIFs (or you can make expressions of yourself on your blog anniversary and turn them into GIFs) because it's like, your trademark! Happy blogging this August!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think gifs are going to have to be a feature! Thanks Morning :)

      Delete
  5. How was *Since You've Been Gone*? I've heard really good things about it and I kind of want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your blogoversary! How did you like Miss Peregrine? I absolutely adored it and now the movie is coming out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it was pretty awesome :) Is there!?!?!

      Delete
  7. Oh I read the first Ms. Peregrine book. How is Hollow City? 8 books, that could have been worse. Oh I know this time of year with all the mocks at the end of term 3 and all the externals later on... doesn't it feel like time is passing way too fast? It should be the beginning of the year! For your blogoversary, you should do a tag/linkup where people answer questions on their blog, that would be fun!
    weavingwaveswords.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hollow city is good, but not as good as the first one :)
      Arg yes mocks... It does! Mocks and externals creep up on you.
      A tag or linkup would be cool! Thanks Shar :)

      Delete
  8. Congats on you blogoversary! Maybe you could highlight your favorite posts you've written in the past three years.

    You had a pretty good reading month, it looks like :) I've been curious about John Grisham(and I feel like I've asked this before) but is he any good?

    Happy August :D

    Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a great idea, thanks Ally!
      John Grisham is awesome!! He writes brilliant plot twists :)

      Delete
  9. I'm so jealous--you'll be getting spring while I'm headed toward winter. Blah.

    I actually haven't read an of the books you listed, but I really want to read Go Set a Watchman and The Unlikely Hero of Room 13b.

    Also, happy two year blogoversary! Having 27,000 pageviews is definately exciting. I have a ways to go before I get there. And thank you for mentioning my post! I'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just had winter, and to be honest, I don't mind keeping it ;)
      Both a great books!
      Your post was awesome :)

      Delete
  10. oh man, those are literally the same things that i want too. i want to live life to the very fullest and live in every moment. lovely post <3

    ReplyDelete