Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hello October | Recently




I'm not ready. Not ready at all.

September has passed in a blur! I'm not sure what I really did except feel mopey and down. We sat outside at lunch a lot. Now it's the school holidays, but I have rehearsals for a play I'm in everyday. We are preforming next week and I'm looking forward to being on stage.

I couldn't resist :')

Mum and I have been watching Downton Abbey and my sister and I watched Supernatural when neither of us were to busy. It's my dad's birthday in October... I guess he's getting older...

It's scary to realise than one day I'm going to be old too and my parents won't be around and one day on my birthday they won't be there and wow life is temporary.



September was hectic, but also had great moments. I think that I'll probably look back and see it as a month that majorly shaped me as a person.

I haven't taken my driving test yet. In NZ you can't until you're 16, but now other things keep coming up. And anyway, I'm quite hopeless and I HATE DRIVING. I always get the brake and accelerator confused and then I listen to my mother about which way around they are (don't ever listen to my mother). I just end up angry and I have to take deep breaths and calm down.

External exams are in just over a month. I'm freaking out because my brain is an absolute sieve. I just want to leave school. At the same time I have no idea what I'm going to do once they don't let me come back anymore because apparently you have to leave after year 13?

Here's to October! *Raises coffee cup*


The books I read in September were incredibly disappointing. Except The Help, but sadly it was slightly ruined because I had watched the movie the week before. I found that the books I did read lacked the depth I was looking for. It's probably just me being old and grumpy though.


What did you read this month? Any recommendations? Have you read any of the books I read? What did you get up to in September? Tell me about learning to drive. Any tips? What do you have to look forward into October? 
_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal thinks this year has gone to fast and she knows the older you get the faster time will go but she can't help but think of endless summer days when she was a kid and wish them back....

20 comments:

  1. What's Year 13? Australia finishes at Year 12. Ooh, I have to do my driving test next year, because I got my Ls (which you can only get at sixteen) and then 6 months after getting Ls I'm eligible for my Ps. :D Good luck with yours! I haven't even started practising yet but by the sound of your post, maybe I should start now. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have 6 years of primary, 2 years of intermediate and 5 years of high school :) You can drop out in year 12 though.
      Haha I think it's the same here in NZ. Practise sounds like a good idea :')

      Delete
  2. I like October cause there's halloween

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never celebrated halloween. What do you do? :)

      Delete
  3. I love the Help! And my dad's birthday is in October too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book and movie were great! :) Haha that's so cool :')

      Delete
  4. I read Frankenstein which was really good. Some Ranger's Apprentice, not particularly deep, but funny. Also, I finally finished The Raven Boys which was really, really good. I love the characters and it's very well written.

    The Help sounds good. I've always wanted to read it.

    I live in the US and driving might be a little different in NZ. ;) But I wasn't too keen on driving when I was sixteen. It was a scary responsibility to me. But I eventually realized that if I wanted to get anywhere in life *cough* I would have to learn to drive myself. Unless I wanted my parents to drive me around for all my living days (not really). After coming to this realization we still couldn't pay the extra car insurance for me to learn to drive. I didn't get my license until I was nineteen. It's fine to wait if you think you need to. And if it makes you feel better my mom still tries to commandeer my driving when she's in my car; eh, it's rather annoying. And I still have blank moments when I'm like, "which is the gas and which is the brake?" Especially if I drive an unfamiliar car; it's still the same, but in never fails to disorients me. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the play the other moth, so I should get onto reading the book :) YES RAVEN BOYS.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one who blanks out, or is/was scared of the whole driving thing :)

      Delete
  5. The fact that it's October is so crazy! September flew by. I'd like to read The Help sometime, I'll have to add it to my book list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, September flew by so fast! I live in one of the most northwestern of the 50th states, and it was snowing hard yesterday to the point that not just the regular generator, but the back up electricity generator (because my high school is super ancient) didn't work half of the time that we were there that day! And don't make me start ranting about driving; I dislike it too, but because of the snow I don't have to drive as much. Yay! Moon Over Manifest is such a good book. I love it so much. <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love snow! Do you want to swap? :)
      My school's pretty cold in winter too :) Driving in the snow doesn't sound fun :/

      Delete
  7. *offers hugs* September was rough for me, too...you've got this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs back* You've got this too! :)

      Delete
  8. Ugh, I do the same thing with the brake and accelerator! (or gas pedal as we call it here) A couple weeks ago I was making a left turn (which I suck at btw) and accidentally hit the gas instead of brake, almost driving right into the sidewalk! Man, we really have to be careful; life is short, but it's even shorter when we don't know the difference between the gas and the brake.

    Sorry to hear that about your September reads (you sure had a lot of them!), especially Everything, Everything and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. I've been wanting to read those! I'm not surprised about Leonard Peacock though; I started that a while back and couldn't even finish it because I just got...I don't know, bored?

    September seemed to both run by and drag along. I'd say it was my worst month this year, but hopefully I can leave all the bad stuff trapped in those 30 days and keep moving :)

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :"D You should do a blog post about your awesome driving :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets mixed up though :)
      Leonard Peacock was defiantly out there as a book.

      Delete
  9. Ughh, I feel you on drivers ed. When I was learning to drive, I had some trouble with the accelerator and break. But I learned to differentiate them by keeping my foot touching the accelerator, even when I wasn't using it, and then moving over to the brake when I had to. I would just tell myself, okay, this is your anchor, and you just move over for the brake, but then move back to your anchor. I don't know if that helps, but I know it got me to gain some muscle memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA. I will try doing something like that to help me. Thank you :)

      Delete
  10. Your books are all new to me—I'm sorry they were all disappointing! I'm also sorry that driving has been stressful for you, but I hope that with more practice it gets a little easier. It sounds like things are taking a little bit of a dip right now—I hope things turn up in October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it gets easier :) Thank you :)

      Delete