Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hello November | Recently




Did I or did I not just write my Hello October post?

November is a big moth. November is exam moth. November is NaNoWriMo month, and a small part of me hopes to join in still, even though I can't. November is getting ready for summer.

Spring has defiantly arrived, with it's unpredictability- hot one minute, rain the next, a week of sunshine, a week of rain.

October was about learning to move on, starting new things and growing. It was about playing that careful game where everyone sees you as supporting them and one tiny breeze could knock that over. I've been obsessed with The Foals (link takes you to Spotify) and thinking long and hard about what I want to do when I leave school.

I had my last Friday at school for the year. In less than a week, I'll be attending the Senior Honour Awards, walking across that big, big stage. The letter arrived last week, the complete list came out on Thursday and most of my friends are going as well. This year's exam results are what universities see, what you put down when applying for scholarships. It's been a big year.

Less than a week until I wave goodbye to the few year 13's I know and to anyone who's moving. Next year will be very different, but I suppose that's life.

My family took a surprise trip to the beach in the long weekend, it mainly consisted of playing football. I'm playing summer hockey, and I'm enjoying it but I desperately miss football. A massive push for eating healthy and getting fit seems to have seized everyone I know. As a Type 1 Diabetic, I'm supposed to eat well and stay fit to stay as healthy as possible. It's been easier with everyone else caught up in the idea, so I'm kind of hoping it stays around for a while yet.


I'm currently reading Cather in the Rye (I don't think very highly of it so far) and Playlist for the Dead (very good so far). I read 7 books in October, which I'm pretty happy about. To much historic fiction though- I missed YA.


What did you read this month? Any recommendations? Have you read any of the books I read?  Do you play any sport? Are you into eating healthy? What exciting things did you do in October? What do you have to look forward into November?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal has made little improvement upon her driving skills. She still hasn't taken the test. Sigh. 

10 comments:

  1. I'M GOING TO TAKE MY DRIVING TEST IN JANUARY!!!!!

    anyway, i didn't like *catcher in the rye* much either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!!!! GOOD LUCK! :)

      Glad I'm not the only one :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've read any of those books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you continue to get better at your driving skills, slowly but surely, eh? Good luck as you continue to finish out school, and I hope the break leaves you refreshed and excited, eh? :D I haven't read any of the books you pictured, but I have read Catcher in the Rye—I'm sorry you don't like it, but I did! Have a great November, Opal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick, so many changes--I hope all the exam stuff goes well for you, and I hope life doesn't get too crazy busy. Also, if you need any technical advice on driving (like, any questions on mechanics and strategies), I'd be happy to help you. And I hope you do well on your driver's test! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'ello, darling! Just thought you should know that I nominated you for the Liebster award:)

    ReplyDelete