Saturday, December 19, 2015

Books to Look Forward to in 2016



No doubt many more YA books with be published in 2016, increasing the length of my TBR (which I've desperately been trying to get through). However, there's a few books I'm already looking forward to. The links lead to Goodreads.

See How They Run by Ally Carter
So technically this book is supposed to come out at the end of this month. But I'm not going to see it before 2016. I've had it on hold at the library for almost a month, so I will be the first person to get it. I love Ally Carter. Mystery and embassies and damaged characters from Ally Carter equals awesome.

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Okay, so. This sounds bit like Sherlock Holmes but with teenagers and boarding school. And even better, Sherlock is female. Also, characters with flaws who have to trust each other. This book is supposed to be part of a trilogy, so if it's good, there would be two other books.

Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas
This is the second to last book in the Throne of Glass series (whhhhy??). Waiting for book four (the library can be very slow) has been pure torture and I think after reading book four, the wait for this book is going to be even worse. I'm very invested in this series.

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
So, I think like most people, I'm not a fan of this series as much as the Throne of Glass series. But still, I'm excited to see where this series is going. Unless there's going to be a love triangle. Then I won't be so happy. But Feyre is a tortured character after book one, so I'm excited for more character development.

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
When I first started reading Red Queen, I was like, 'what's the fuss?' But by the end I was like 'I need more. Now.' And also a love triangle I might be invested in. Rebellion, blood and betrayal? Sign me up.

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
 I haven't even read the second book in this series yet (it's on my desk right now) but the worst thing about series is when you have to wait for the next book, so the faster this book is published (the final one in the series!), the happier I am. Also, Stiefvater might be a plot genius?

The Crown by Kiera Cass
This better be the last book. Because I can't stand Cass's writing, but somehow I'm invested in this series? I need it to be over finally. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira
Books? Wanting to live in a YA novel? I'm up for that. Although, if it's done badly, this book will be a mess. Because it will be a typical YA book and that would suck. This is on my TBR, but I think I'll wait to hear what other people think before giving it a go?



What books are you looking forward to in 2016?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal likes books a lot. Books are awesome. 

17 comments:

  1. Ill have to look into some of these later on as I've finished all the series' I was reading and I'm not sure what to start next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEEHOWTHEYRUN YAY MY ALLY CARTER FEELS ARE BACK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL THE FEELS WE CAN FANGIRL TOGETHER

      Delete
  3. A Study in Charlotte sounds really cool! Since the Raven King seems to be the last one, I might nab a box set sometime. The Raven Cycle edits on Tumblr look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! I love box sets :)

      Delete
  4. I... dunno. Am I looking forward to any books in 2016? I don't think so. Because I don't know any of yours (although A Study in Charlotte has piqued my interest) and I cannot think of any others that are important and coming out. :( Oh THE SHORT STORY BOOK BY MARISSA MEYER CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT ONE AT ALL I NEED IT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope A Study in Charlotte turns out as good as it's supposed to be :) Waiting for books is the worst :/

      Delete
  5. A Study in Charlotte! Gender-bending is always fun with already-famous characters. :) I agree with you on A Court of T&R, the first book was all about romance and had about 0 plot and tension until the last couple of pages (which sucked as well, in my opinion). I think we're invested in the series that we can't give up just yet. Readerly hope, I guess. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. YES. Readerly hope all the way :)

      Delete
  6. These look interesting! In the past I never read new books but this year I think I managed a total of three published in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to read newer books as well :)

      Delete
  7. I love Ally Carter. :) I'm getting See How They Run for Christmas, and I'm really excited about it. I haven't read any of the Raven Cycle and I haven't read The Red Queen or A Court of Thorns and Roses and I've only read the first book in the Throne of Glass series, so I have some serious reading to do. I have about nine billion and twelve books I need to get my hands on this year. I'm really looking forward to the next two Marissa Meyer books (Stars Above and Heartless), and I think those two come out in 2016. I have a few other 2016 releases I'm especially excited about, so this is going to be a fun year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. YOUR LUCKY THING.
      2016 is looking to be another great year for reading and books :)

      Delete
  8. I am also waiting for See How They Run and The Crown! And I've wanted to read The Raven Boys for such a long time. And The Red Queen. I need to get on it!

    Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for either, especially See How They Run. Ally Carter is the best. So far, The Raven Boys has been genius :)

      Delete
  9. Hi, I just discovered your blog, I love it! I am soon excited for Glass Sword- Feb 9!!! Yay! I am also really excited for the fifth Falling Kingdom book (which doesn't even have a title yet haha). Don't know if you've heard of the series but I just read it and I love it. So that's what I'm excited for. Thanks for the great post !! :)
    -Vivian
    http://moonsworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete