Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas with Opal



Opal isn't really into Christmas.

December hits and-

There's present buying,

There's endless advertising,

And everyone else is just like-

Opal thinks Santa Claus is silly (she always has and cannot understand why he's a big deal).

The only thing Opal likes about Christmas is food,

Left over Christmas food,

And cheap food in boxing day sales.

It's important to remember,

Christmas isn't about getting presents,

It's about a little baby born a long time ago. He came to earth to save all humans from their sin. 
"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." Luke 19:10 (NIV)

Merry Christmas, my blogging friends! I hope you have a great day with your families. What do you do where it isn't summer during Christmas? What do you do to celebrate this time of the year?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal's favourite Christmas food includes, but is not limited to: Ham, Candy Canes, Trifle and Potato salad. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm in New Zealand for Christmas! It's not such a big deal in India, but the endless advertising and endless dash for presents is annoying me. It seems like most businesses are just using it for money rather than a religious and beautiful festival. But thanks for this! The gifs were, as usual, wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you get the feel of an NZ Christmas :) Yes, there is a lot of advertising etc here, but I suppose we're used to it so don't really notice :)

      Delete
  2. When everyone talks about a white Christmas while we're sitting here like...oh yes, you other Westerners have snow. :( But yeah, I agree with everyone that you wrote. Christmas doesn't hold any personal sognificance for me, and also I agree that it's not really that exciting. The food, though? That's a little exciting. >:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yES. This post is so true. For me, personally, we didn't even do that much for Christmas this year. We had like a extremely warm christmas actually. but that's okay, because like you mentioned, it's about how we can live on forever and have hope for a better future through Christ. :)
    Seriously funny post though :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Opal! I e-mailed and DM'd you; is it all right if you posted the blog post on December 7th? Also, would you like me to write a guest post instead of doing the discussion like we had already planned before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took so long to get back to you :) You should have an email from me now?

      Delete
  5. Hey Opal! Just sent you the blog post via e-mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is me. This is me. This is me.

    ReplyDelete