Friday, January 15, 2016

Opal Swirls in 2016

Whats happening on and around Opal Swirls this year? Well, there's a few changes I've decided to make, mainly so that I can keep doing every thing I love: learning, reading, writing, blogging and spending time with friends. The year promises to be busy: it's my last year of school, I have a leadership role and I'm aiming for dux (because why not).
  • There will only be two posts a week. I used to try and post three times a week, which just turned into guilt when I didn't during busy times. One or two posts a week will be easier on me, and will hopefully mean I don't have to take a blogging hiatus at any point.
  • Changes to the design? I don't know. It depends how you guys feel about the current one.
  • More time outside of the blog on social media platforms- twitter, instagram etc. I'm bad at splitting my attention, but this year I'm going to try to interact more outside of Opal Swirls.
  • More Goodreads. I know not everyone is into Goodreads, but I am, so I'll be spending a ton more time over there writing out my thoughts and forcing myself to give books two stars if that's what I really think. If we're not friends, lets be!

And you can keep expecting the regulars- bits of writing, lots of me talking and plenty of gifs.

Also, a survey- I know I'm late to the race here (okay, I missed the race), but I would love it it you guys could fill it out and give me some feedback about what you like/dislike about Opal Swirls. Here's the link if the form embedded here doesn't work for you.


Did I miss anything? Any questions? What kind of posts would you like me to do more of? 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal takes statistics and last year they did an assessment on surveys. This has made her very aware of how she builds and writes them, which makes it a rather long, boring process. In the end she had to give up and remember that there is no mark assigned to this one. 

16 comments:

  1. i had to click on the link to find out what dux meant, but go for it! i believe in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been following you very long so I look forward to getting to know you better in 2016 Opal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to getting to know you as well :)

      Delete
  3. I really like your blog design, so whether or not you change it is totally up to you. :) I do look forward to reading more of your posts, even if they are only once or twice a week, because once or twice is better than nothing, yeah? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just took the survey! :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog design is quite nice and easy on the eyes, BUT I would also be on board with changing it because I'm sure you'll whip up something just as lovely. Scaling back on posting has done wonders for me too -- I started posting once a week recently and it's so much easier to focus on reading + writing instead of just struggling to churn out posts all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alyssa! I'm defiantly looking forward to having more time to focus on other things :)

      Delete
  6. I like your blog design, but like Alyssa said, if you change it you will probably come up with something equally lovely and so I wouldn't have cause to complain. But it's not bad the way it is. So yeah. And I totally understand only posting twice a week, and I hope you busy schedule doesn't get too stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! Me too :) I'm trying really hard to balance everything this year :)

      Delete
  7. Took the survey :) I look forward to your posts this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome thanks Ally! I'm looking forward to your posts!

      Delete