Tuesday, March 8, 2016

ABBA Book Tag

Ally at The Scribbling Sprite tagged me for the ABBA book tag! I've redesigned the graphic to fit my blog (I hope that's okay!), but you can grab the original for Ally here. I'm not a massive ABBA fan, but I do love books.



Take a Chance on Me: a book you unexpectedly liked.
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
I had no idea what The Bell Jar was about until I read it. I could have been getting into anything.

The Winner Takes it All: an overhyped book.
The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
Arg, don't even get me started. I want to know what happens, but I really can't stand the characters or writing. It's a constant war.

Waterloo: an amazing historical fiction book.
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Obviously.

You're Only a Child: a recently published book.
Winter by Marissa Meyer
I'm not really into si-fi and I'm learning to love fairy tale retellings. Also, I adore the characters from The Lunar Chronicles (especially Winter).

I Have a Dream: a favorite 'ideal' book.
The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Keil
It summed up small town life and best friends and becoming an adult like I've always wanted to in my writing.


Dancing Queen: a book with royalty.
Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
I love this series more than life. Do not questions this.

Lay All Your Love on Me: a book that needs more attention.
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
This book made me laugh and want to cry. It's tragic and I love the writing style. It's much better than The Fault in Our Stars (which it's been compared to) because it's realistic.

Here We Go Again: a book that seemed to copy another book.
I can't think of any off the top of my head... But some of John Green's books felt like they had the same plot with different characters. I honestly find his books average (or below, if we're talking TFiOS).

S.O.S.: a book that should get in trouble and NOT be rescued.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
There, I said it. And I'm not even sorry. Not one teeny tiny bit.

Knowing Me, Knowing You: a book you know a lot about for whatever reason.
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I love The Great Gatsby, so I know a lot about it. I've read it many times. I also analysed it for school, and then for fun.


Opal Tags:
 H.M.Wlison | Noor | Liz | Rachel | Rachel Alison  | Serena | Lydia S | You!

Are you a John Green fan? Throne of Glass? The Selection? Have you read The Bell Jar?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal starts to get upset about some books when she's doing these tags. Sometimes books make her angry for various reasons.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did this tag, Opal (I invented it btw) . *hi fives for book loving* I love Me, Earl and the Dying Girl-- both the book and the movie. Fangirl is also fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inventing!! I haven't seen the movie yet :/ *dies a little inside* I really want to!! :)

      Delete
  2. I have heard of Sylvia Plath but I haven't read her but I'm glad that you like her writing because I am going to be about to.

    The Selection was totally a DNF for me. I just did not like it. :P

    Winter and To Kill a Mockingbird are obviously great. <3

    Aaaaaand Gatsby. Gatsby is just Gatsby, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! It might be a little while before I get to this, but it looks really fun! :)

    I haven't had a chance to read beyond Throne of Glass yet, but I really l liked it, and I'm looking forward to eventually catching up in one fell swoop. *nods*

    I haven't read Fangirl yet, but I've heard a lot of mixed things about it.

    While I wasn't a huge fan of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, I do agree that it was more realistic. *nods*

    THE GREAT GATSBY IS SO GREAT. *takes deep breath* *composes self*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I know the feeling :)
      *Gasps* Throne of Glass is life. And The Great Gatsby. :)

      Delete