Friday, April 1, 2016

Hello April | Recently



Where do when even start with March? So many things happened.

I went to Horse of the Year with my best friend for the weekend, which was awesome! So many horsey people in one place, and we got to see tonnes of riders and it was a great time. I also did Relay for Life with my school, which was also a great time. I ended up walking/running 20km over the 24 hours.

Hockey finished, and football's about to start. At school, as an arts captain, I helped organise and MC our Junior Idol competition. We also had a Celebration of Cultures week, and it was amazing to see the participation and MC our first soiree of the year and do everything else involved in the week.

I'm tired. I've been going to school, studying then sleeping on repeat. I been so busy on the weekends in the last month that my easter break was homework and sleeping and I might have started watching the second season of Daredevil (!!).

Also, my Biology class went to the zoo! It was because we're studying human evolution and we're supposed to look at the primates. Personally, I found the meerkats and Otters and Sun Bears much more interesting. But hey.

So, it's been a busy busy month, and I'm tired but happy. I knew it was going to be hard to keep a balance of Art's captain-ing and school and friends. And I know I've let the friends side of things drop right off. I've said this before, that I'm aiming for dux at the end of the year (highest performing academic student) and I'm finding out why those with leadership positions don't often get it. To keep up school and leadership, I have to lose my social life.

But I'm living and Easter gave me a chance to relax slightly, and write 2.4k words (and get sick, bleh). April promises to be just as busy, but there will be the a two week holiday at the end of April and hopefully that will give me time to catch up with friends. I know my blogging basically dropped off over the last few months and I'm really sorry about that.

Books:
I never stop reading. I'm a fast reader, and tend to read for 10 or 20 minutes before bed (it's better that looking at your phone screen), but my reading did pretty much half in March. That saying, I read some great books!



What did you read it March? Have you read any of the books I did? If so, let's talk! Do you have any recommendations? What did you do in March? Did you travel? How's school for you?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal is waiting for the winter cold to hit. It's taking a while this year. She's sick of shorts and sticky heat. 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those books, but I'm always looking for recommendations so I'll have to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help :) I'd defiantly suggest Wolf by Wolf and Me Before You :)

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be reading Wolf By Wolf soon! I've heard a lot of really good things, so I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I was a bit worried about not liking it, but I thought it was good :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I enjoyed most of them, but Me Before You stands out in my mind :)

      Delete
  4. 13 books with all that you've got going on? Opal, you're super woman! I read 8 books in March, although I didn't start reading until halfway through the month because I was in a bit of a reading slump. One of the books I read this month was Wolf by Wolf though, and I loved it! (I also read The Winner's Curse and The Winner's Crime recently in January and loved them as well.) March brought some icky colds for me, too. I've still got a stuffy nose, but let's hope April is even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :) Reading slumps and colds are the worst :/

      Wolf by Wolf was awesome! And I was surprised by how much I enjoyed The Winner's Curse / The Winner's Crime :)

      Delete
  5. I WISH I GOT TO GO ON A FIELD TRIP TO THE ZOO! For school, anyway... I have gone a few times over this last year because I can, lol. It does look like you read some awesome books, though. Which ones were your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS SO AWESOME!! :) I love the zoo.

      Wolf by Wolf lived up to all my exceptions, and Unwind was creepily good :)

      Delete
  6. I'm working on Blue Lilly, Lilly Blue right now! I hate to say it, but I'm confused a lot with those books. I like them, but sometimes I feel like the overall goal gets lost.

    Hope April is awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. The first book was the hardest for me, but I've thrown myself into reading all of Stiefvater's work, and I'm finding myself adjusting to her style better for it. I think that the Raven Cycle is dragging out a bit, but I don't really mind, because I love the writing and the characters and so on :)

      You too! :)

      Delete