Friday, July 1, 2016

Hello July | Recently


July. 15 weeks left before I  am on study leave and high school is basically over, forever. I can't wait. Also, a two week holiday! Also, it's winter!

School was crazy in June. There was assessments in every subject. I had a Speech and Drama exam, which was a five minute talk, two poems, a characterisation plus the discussion topics. Drama rehearsals marched on. Football finally got underway, and is awesome (as expected).

Arts week, which is a week my school dedicates to celebrating the Arts came to an end today (I'll try to do a post that goes into some more detail about it). The week was amazing, but also stressful and not without it's moments. I performed in the two soiree's we had on, as an MC, in the dance group and a devised drama piece, which was awesome.


To be honest, I don't really have much to say because I'm pretty much buried in work 24/7. And if I'm not studying or at school, then I'm reading or sleeping. I also squeezed in the writing of about 500 words.

I hit 100 books this month! I'm currently reading my 102 book for the year. Guys!! The Wrath and the Dawn! The Raven King! The first two Firebird Series books!  It was a good reading month. Talk to me if you have read these books, I need someone to flail with!


Sooooo tell me about you! What did you read in June? Have you read any of the books I did? If so, let's talk! Do you have any recommendations? What did you do in June? How's school for you? Have you been writing? Are you currently on holiday? Was your June busy?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal is a gazillion comments behind, also on reading your posts. She will catch up in the holidays, promise. 

14 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! :)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sevenbloggersandtheirdolls.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read a bunch of your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so utterly confused when there were snowflakes on the july banner, and then i realized timezones and all that lovely stuff. Please excuse my brain. I've read nothing and been in a mad dash all of June. But I'm getting the itch to start reading something fantastic. I moved all of my books to Jarod's house and got all excited about how many there were that I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep :) I get caught out by it too- everyone is talking about summer break and I'm like what???

      That must have been exciting! How are you two? :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the Firebird series! A Million Worlds With You is one of my most anticipated books for the rest of the year. And Passenger and The Rose & the Dagger were so great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a really busy month! Stay strong these last fifteen weeks as you finish up high school! :D

    Also, I haven't read any of the books you read. Awkies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) How's collage life?

      Haha all goods :)

      Delete
  6. PASSENGER HAS THE MOST GORGEOUS COVER IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.
    I almost picked up The Program once! I didn't read it because there were other items higher on my TBR pile, but I might have to give it a shot again.
    THE BLACKTHORN KEY BY KEVIN SANDS. This is the YA book I recommend to everyone. It has magic and mystery and potions and LOTS OF HIGH-SPEED CHASES AND EXPLOSIONS. It's amazing <3
    Ahhhh you're so lucky! I wish it was winter here - summer is nice, but I love the cold and snow and hot chocolate! Winter's my favorite season :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. The cover was basically why I read it.
      The Program was really good. At the time I wasn't super impressed, but I keep thinking about it.
      I shall find it!

      Winter is my favorite season also :)

      Delete
  7. It's okay if you're busy... wait, you have school? o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, because it's winter in NZ :)

      Delete