Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Current Playlist (ii)

It's time for me to share more music, as I am exploding with music (not unusual, I suppose). Do let me know if you find something new you like from this list, and hit me up with any of your own suggestions.

(you can find all of these songs on my spotify playlist)

Daddy Issues // The Neighbourhood
this song makes me feel so connected to the world around me. the lyrics are somewhat about forming connections, "it's crazy what you'll do for a friend". The layers in the song buckle under the heavy weight of sadness.

Wild World (album) // Bastille 
friend, if you haven't listened to Bastille's new album you are missing out. i have written an album review because i am in love with it. Dan Smith, the lead singer, has an amazing voice, plus he wrote all of the songs on the album. it is about our world and being human. it is alternative pop at it's best.

The Greatest // Sia + Kendrick Lamar 
this is a very powerful song. i have a friend who loves Lamar, and I know a bit about Sia, and i don't think that either of them have had it easy. be the greatest. we all have that power, to work toward something without giving up. also, you know, Sia's voice.

Smile // The Royal Concept
this song is so lovely and upbeat. it has a solid beat and throws around some electric guitar that's not half bad. also it's pretty catchy. listen to this one as you wake up or stretch or brush your teeth in the morning. it'll start your day off right.

London Thunder // The Foals
whoops, did the Foals somehow sneak in again? don't know how that happened. but, really. this song is so wistful and hopeful. Yannis Philippakis (not kidding), the lead singer, has such a great voice and this song showcases it. also the guitar is perfect.

Cosmic Love // Florence + the Machine 
never really been a fan of this band, but this song is so good. the singers voice and the instruments match perfectly, there is so much power in the rising and falling of them. old, but gold, or whatever they say.

The Judge // Twenty One Pilots
i recently read some album reviews for Blurryface, and i was surprised to see that some reviewers thought that some tracks let the album down. but i only fell more in love with a relisten. it reenforced The Judge especially, how can someone not relate to "and i hide behind my mouth / i'm a pro at imperfections / and i'm best friends with my doubt"?

Do you know any of the above songs? What are some of your favourite bands? 

P.S. I'm going to do a question and answer vlog, so if you want to ask me some questions that would be cool. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal might share classical music next time??

4 comments:

  1. TWENTY ONE PILOTS IS MY FAVORITE BAND! MY FAVORITE BAND MADE YOUR PLAYLIST!
    Sorry I get really excited whenever I see their name pop up somewhere. lol.

    that was actually the only song on your list that I knew. haha. I've heard of the others though. truthfully, the only song by Bastille that I know is Pompeii (sorry not sorry. its actually a great song. Im still not over it even though the hype is gone.)
    Sia is really good too, though Ive never heard anything by Lamar.

    thanks for sharing your music! I love listening to new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLAYLISTS ARE MY FAVORITE THINGS AND I CANNOT WAIT TO LISTEN TO YOURS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE JUDGE! BASTILLE! Are we related??

    I've never actually heard of The Neighbourhood, but I'll definitely try this out. And as for sharing classical music....go for it! Do you like Christian Baczyk's compositions? (I don't really know what genre to classify him as but...ohwell)

    ReplyDelete