Tuesday, October 4, 2016

TV Shows You Need in Your Life


I was not raised on TV. TV fascinated me when I went to other peoples houses as a kid. But as I got older, media invaded the home more and we got a TV (screen, that is) and Netflix. Today I'm sharing some TV shows that I love to bits. I highly suggest them if you need a new show to watch, or if you're procrastinating something very important. 

Supernatural
(some violence, lots of blood and scary moments)
yeah, there are 11 seasons, which may seem like a lot, but trust me, you won't notice. it does slow down somewhat around season 6 and 7, probably due to the change of writer. but other than that, i sing the praises of this show. season 11 really found the balance between having an overarching storyline and individual episodes. Sam and Dean are brothers who hunt monsters and have lots of good one liners as they go. the other characters are also very good. the writers come up with some pretty out there episodes that somehow work.

Daredevil
 (lots of violence, most of it not graphic)
there is nothing, nothing, nothing like the first season of Daredevil. The second season is brilliant as well, but the first season, my goodness. we're following Matt Murdock, who is blind, has super heightened senses and a cool sidekick. lawyer by day, Daredevil by night, and very good at it. there are some seriously brilliant scenes and action shots. the line between good and bad is very, very blurry in this show, which is one of the reasons it amazes me every time i rewatch it. honestly, i can't even explain how great it is. hit me up for talks if you know what i'm talking about. 

The 100
(not sure about this one, i have only watched one season)
only the first season let me make that very clear. my best friend and i were very much in love with this show, but the first season was a million times better than the second, which i haven't managed to finish (let alone the third). The 100 is based off a book series, and basically we're following 100 teenagers who have been sent to see if earth is safe to live on, about 98 years after a nuclear war. of course, not all humans died or left earth during the war, and society has deteriorated and advanced in different ways. drama, drama.

Sherlock
(nothing super explicit, but i don't know what that means to you)
if you haven't already watched this show, what are you doing with your life? i've watched it (at least) 3 times over and i still love it. it follows Sherlock (obviously), and this show is such a modern take. it's also funny and interesting. plot twists galore. damaged people. lot's of subtle references to the books. cool cgi or whatever. each season has 3, hour and a half episodes. Watson is very good. Moriarty is mine. Sherlock shoots the lounge wall because he's bored. 10/10.

What TV shows do you like? Have you watched any of the above? Thoughts on good TV shows?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal tends to binge watch tv during the holidays and watch next to nothing during the school term. 

20 comments:

  1. I started Daredevil and I loved it, but there are so many other shows I like more, sadly. someday I'll finish.

    I havent watched Sherlock in so long. I honestly cant remember what happened in any of it. thats how long its been. lol.

    but I really like this list! my sister is obsessed with the 100 too. so Ive heard many good things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the list! Sounds like you need a Sherlock re-watch ;)

      Delete
  2. SUPERNATURAL AND SHERLOCK ARE FABULOUS. I also really love The Big Bang Theory and Elementary :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THEY ARE!! I've not watched Big Bang Theory :)

      Delete
  3. Sherlock is my Most Favorite Show Ever, closely followed by Daredevil, but I gave up on Supernatural several seasons in because I was daunted by the number of seasons still left to go. I watched the first episode of The 100 and decided I didn't really like it... BUT HEY, maybe I should have given it a second chance. Who knows.
    That said, HAVE YOU SEEN Stranger Things? I would suggest it to pretty much anybody, but I also think that if you like Supernatural and Sherlock and Daredevil, you'd probably like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES WE MUST BE TWINS OR SOMETHING. It is pretty daunting! And now season 12 is airing?!
      YES. I haven't finished Stranger Things yet IT'S SO SCARY.

      Delete
  4. Yes! Sherlock is my life. And I keep meaning to watch daredevil, are the episodes very long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I think they're 40ish minutes??

      Delete
  5. I actually haven't watched any of these, although I've been dying to watch Sherlock for ages now. I just never seem to make time! I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually really like watching the 100, and I recently started Daredevil also which was pretty good, but I found it sort of slow after a while? Have you ever watched Gotham? (i'm on s1 and it's AMAZING)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! Yeah Daredevil does take it's time to build the story.
      I haven't! Obviously I need to give it a watch.

      Delete
  7. The 100 is a really good show and I recommend Stranger Things (which is so cool) and Gilmore Girls (which is so funny), my personal favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Stranger Things is so good so far. And I love Gilmore girls also, but I haven't seen all of them :/

      Delete
  8. I LOVE SUPERNATURAL <3 <3 I'm only up to season... 4? Maybe 5. I'm not sure. But it is so good, and I 100% agree: it balances the individual episodes and character issues so well with the overarching story.

    Also, Sherlock = amazing.

    Found your blog via Sometimes I'm a Story. :)


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES AND YES.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  9. Yessss TV! I love Sherlock, and I've wanted to start Daredevil for so long! That being said...we have to wait for Season 4. :')

    ReplyDelete
  10. Supernatural and Sherlock are pretty good, right? If you have time, you might consider checking out Elementary, which is another Sherlock Holmes retelling and even better than the BBC version (imho)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did give Elementary a go, but it was super weird for me?? I just wasn't really interested for some reason. But I'd be up for giving in another go! :)

      Delete