Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Jotted Words

I've said this before, but poetry is turning out to be more work than I anticipated. It is a constant push of not enough, not enough, not enough. It doesn't feel abstract enough, full of enough meaning, it is to personal to me, it is not flowing how it should. 

However, poems don't always have to be long. They don't always have to tell a story. They don't have to be full of words you're not sure you know. Sometimes I find myself just jotting down a few lines that stand by themselves. 

True Art

True art is
Loving people

True art is
Important

True art is
Mine, yours; ours.

Salty Lips

The sea and I
Have reached
A vague sort of agreement
I hurl myself into her and
She holds me she gives me
Salty lips

Words From My Dictionary

Relationship
Noun.

I think I’m tired of trying.


keep writing, keep pushing, friends xx

(p.s. this is my 450th post! whhhhat!!)

As usual, I want to hear any criticisms you have, and what you thought worked and didn't, how the pieces flowed, if you liked them and so on!  
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal is on Wattpad these days.

8 comments:

  1. These are really pretty Opal! Also congrats on the 450 post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, yes! Poetry is super hard. I realize the only time I can write poetry is when I'm reading good poetry? Not sure why. *shrugs*

    I do like these especially the salty lips one and the dictionary one. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lowkey noticed that as well!

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Gah, I love these, especially "Salty Lips." I want to go and visit the sea now. <3 I'm so happy that you've got to 450 posts, eep! That's such an accomplishment.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on reaching your 450th post! Your poetry is beautiful. I can't pick an exact favorite, although I love the ocean. If pressed, I would say "Salty Lips".

    ReplyDelete