Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hello April | Recently



Not going to lie fam, March was a rollercoaster (but I don't think I'd want it any other way). It was one of those months where I took advantage of the messy bun a lot. But now April is here, which means Autumn and Easter and loads of cool things (like mid semester break ayyye!).

First off, the worst week of my life occurred in March. Here's a run down. To start with, I hadn't been able to go to sleep properly for several weeks, so I was pretty tired. My best friend and I drove to Hastings for Horse of the Year (2.5 hour drive, friends!). It rained. Parking was in a paddock. Lots of mud and a chance of getting stuck. Lots of events cancelled. Went to accommodation. We'd been double booked. Ended up staying in Napier. 

Napier seafront (very cool!). Spent the next morning doing other tourist-y stuff. Went back to Horse of the Year. Rained again. Decided to start home (still raining). Ended up in a long line of traffic also going home (HOY is a huge event). Guy in front of me slammed on breaks. I swerved to avoid. Best friend behind me couldn't brake in time. Hit my car. Got home, all goods because we both have insurance.


But then I threw up. Not once, but five times. Couldn't go to uni the next day. Which, of course, threw me out of the whole week, during which I ran late (more so than usual), forgot I had things on and was a downright mess. I missed quite a few lectures, almost slept through others and messed my friends around with times.

Positives from the week: cool photos from going away, and my best friend and I are closer for all of it. Got sleeping tablets from the doctor so I can get my 8 hours a night (more like 9, to be honest). Every week now seems bright and good in comparison!

The other few weeks in March were good overall, and helped me forget the bad! I spent a lot of time with friends, went out for drinks on St Patricks day, had a lot of laughs. I handed in serval assignments and got some pretty pleasing grades. My labs were pretty cool (I got to see my own cells). Got closer to some people who I really click with, which never fails to make me smile. I also lost the weight I put on near the end of high school, so I'm happy about that too!


I haven't been spending a lot of time at home, most days I'm out for about 12 hours. I haven't really had time in my life for anything that isn't uni or uni related. I haven't read anything that isn't a textbook or a paper all month. I miss my steady diet of YA reading, and I miss my TV shows. But also, I'm thriving the way things are, so I'm happy.

Here's to April being a good one, friends!

So! Tell me how your March was? Anything exciting happen? What have you been reading and watching? Have you ever had a week where everything that could go wrong, did? Catch me up with the cool things in your life!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal is exhausted just from writing that all down!

8 comments:

  1. Ugh stomach bug things are the worst!

    Wow, sounds like you've been really busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having two cars collide is not fun-- I've known that by experience. Horse of the Year, though, sounds like so much fun! Glad to see you thriving. ^.^

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a terrible week. I'm glad there were some positives to balance though. I miss YA reading and TV shows too. Feels like I'm constantly tired trying to do my chemistry report due in two days... (speaking of which I better get back to it.) :( Hope you keep having a good time at uni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School at all levels eats up so much time!!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're really enjoying yourself at uni! And I'm glad you're getting better!

    ReplyDelete