Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Post-Holiday Depression

You know it. Your home again now, and at first it was really nice! But by the next day, you have Post-Holiday Depression.

Your chores are waiting for you, normal life resumes, and you realise that you would like to still be on holiday. You're also tired from all the traveling, and to be honest you just want to curl up into a ball and die, but instead, you have to go to school or work.

Sound familiar?
Symptoms of Post-Holiday Depression include:

  • Deep, meaningful sighs
  • Snapping at people who dare to talk to you
  • Looking at the holiday pictures, and sighing again
  • Sitting around staring at nothing
  • Reliving the holiday in your mind
  • Sighing even more 
  • Glaring at those lucky enough to stand in your presence
  • Anything you do when you feel down

In my case, I have spent the day by cleaning, eating, surfing the web, blogging, listening to music from my childhood and watching the Chelsea vs. Man United game. (Go Chelsea!!!!!) 

Anyway, I'm off to read some articles. My Storyworld needs some help.

Does anyone else get Post-Holiday Depression? 

2 comments:

  1. I think everyone in the world gets it. And when you've been in foreign climes you also have to factor in jetlag. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've had it before, but not this year. :D Hope you get over it soon, Wild Horse!

    TW Wright
    Ravens and Writing Desks

    ReplyDelete