Sunday, January 12, 2014

What Happened to Whispers Next Door?

There's a little secret that only my cat knows. Lean in a little closer.

I'm not writing Whispers Next Door anymore. I took a few days off, and when I came back, the words weren't coming. I thought it was just writers block, so I plowed on.  However, this didn't fix the problem. Fanny and Nathan pretty much sat me down, and told me to stop messing up the story.

Needless to say, I was a bit hurt my own characters didn't appreciate the work I was trying to put into their story.  I had a quick peak on the 29th of December, but otherwise I've left them alone since. Fanny dropped in to say thanks.

But why? 

You have probably noticed by now, if you're not a writer, that writers can be... different. And if you are a writer, you will understand what I'm trying to say here.

I sat down with my coffee, and did a lot of thinking. I know where Whispers Next Door is going, and finally, after a few nights of little sleep, I had to admit the horrible truth.

I'm simply not ready to write the roller coaster of Whispers Next Door.

In the meantime, I have been writing something else, which I'll post about later. While it's killing me not to be writing about Fanny and Nathan, when I finally am ready, the story will be all the better for it.

Imagine Dragon's say it best.

2 comments:

  1. D: That's terrible!! I totes know what you're going through right now. :p That is exactly how my NaNo novel was. I had been making good speed, was 30k into the book when it hit me that I could not write this. I--just--you know, couldn't. It wasn't making any sense--though I knew where the story would end. :/
    So. I left it alone for about two weeks. ;) But THEN, I decided to give The Snowflake Method a go, ohmyword, it was the best for my novel. So, I ended up writing it in twenty-six days.

    Wow. That was kind of long. :P Anyway, I LOVE YOUR NEW STORY IDEA!!!!!!!! And I know how you feel. :(

    BTW, have you read Jill's The New Recruit????? I just finished it and i don't know how I could live without buying the next novel in the series.... ;)

    TW Wright
    ravensandwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the snowflake method, but it didn't work :/

      Thank you!! :D

      No, but I want to! :)

      Delete