Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hi May!


Oh my, I can't believe we have already entered the 5th month of 2014! It feels like it was only yesterday I was waking up to he first of January, excited to have made it to another new year, and full of plans to make 2014 my best year yet.
While this post a bit late (I didn't realise what the date was), I have decided to go ahead with it nevertheless.

I started May by visiting family friends. We have known this family for longer than I have been alive - in fact so long the adults can remember each other before they got married *gasp*. I'd take a guess that we have known each other for 20 years.

Its always nice to see each other (their family is awesome, there's 8 kids),  and we stayed the night there before coming come with the two oldest girls and they stayed the night. Then the whole family came to our house along with another family we know and we had a big dinner.

It was crazy fun, even though I don't think there was ever a quiet moment.

When I woke up the next morning, my tiny cold had turned into a full blown cold, and my nose was running, my throat was dying, my chest was sore and I had lost my voice.  Needless to say, there was no church for me. I went back to sleep for 5 hours and regained half my voice.

I missed the first day of school (arg!), and spent it trying to cough up yucky stuff, eating vitamins and blowing my nose.

I have a speech and drama exam in just over a week, so I'm resting my voice, because as soon as its better I'm entering into rigorous practise.

How did May start for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment