Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'm Off,

I'm off comma. Because tomorrow, I'm not just off, I'm off to one of my favourite places on earth. 

[Interlude]

A list of my favourite places on earth: 
My bed in winter,
My best friends house (my second home, I'd like to think),
A remote farm on the coast line in my cousins family,
The paddock behind our house, 
My reading chair, 
Small country roads,
In front of the computer.

[Interlude End]


My sister and I are going to visit our cousins! I'm even a bit excited. Travel doesn't usually inspire me to be excited.

[Interlude]

I PASSED ALL MY EXAMS. I DIDN'T FAIL MATH. YAAAAYYYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Interlude End]



What you are looking at is a view from where we are going. Isn't it amazing? It's even more amazing to be there, trust me. IT IS WRITERS RETREAT MATERIAL. That would be the coolest thing ever. 

[Interlude]

Last time I was there, I discovered that you can write without Pinterest breaks. I'M SERIOUS. DID YOU KNOW THIS?

[Interlude End] 

The thing is, did you see that little six letter word, 'remote'? That means no internet. Also, no cellphone service. Remote means an hour boat ride from the nearest town. 

 I'll say this as bluntly as possible, rip the sticking plaster off all at once. 

I won't be blogging for the next week. 


There, there. I know this is hard, but I promise to return with pictures. And maybe some new writing. I know that I could promise the world, but you are probably still siting there with tears running down your cheeks, clutching the computer saying 'Wild Horse, forget long term happiness. What about now, the next week, short term? HOW AM I GOING TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU OH LIGHT OF MY LIFE?' 

[Interlude]

Wild Horse would like to release a statement: she has never been called a drama queen, and her ego is not inflated in the slightest.  

[Interlude End] 

I am going to change the comments moderation while I'm away, so that all comments are just published without me reading them first. So if you are into practical jokes, and you want to spam my posts, now is the time to do it. 

THERE IS STRENGTH IN KNOWING YOUR WEAK POINTS.

[Interlude]

Example of above nugget of wisdom: Wild Horse knows that she needs chocolate, therefore she makes sure there is always some around so that her needs are fulfilled. 

[Interlude End] 

Anyhow, this almost world dictator still needs to pack some things, go on a run and do the dishes, so savour my last words, like you savour the last minty. 

Sister and I went to town today, to pick up some last minute things, and because we had 3 hours to spare (sort of) where better to go BUT THE LIBRARY. I was very happy there. And I kind of bought home more books than I set out to bring home (I'm doing the summer reading program). 

This happens to me quite often. I'm like a book magnet. I can't seem to help it. I might even enjoy it a little. I'm getting muscles from carrying them! Thats what I tell my nerdy little self anyway. 

Now I have to pick which books to take with me. I would like to take them all, but apparently there needs to be room in my suitcase for clothes. 

Wild Horse is over and out, see you next week! Also, she might kinda miss you guys a whole lot while she is gone. 

8 comments:

  1. Well, have a great trip! Can't wait to see what you've read/written when you come back -- take lots and lots of photos in proportion to how much we'll miss you! XD We solemnly swear not to spam. *nods*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to take pictures 24/7 :P

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Books, writing, seclusion, surrounded by water and trees..sounds simply delectable.
    I don't think I even need to say it, but: You go and have an awesome time!

    Say hello to your cousins for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, have an amazing trip and get lots of writing done! I know it's rather hard to accomplish as much as you'd like when Pinterest is such an avid distraction, but you'll do great without it :) Well, we'll miss you, but, the world will still spin I believe. *weeps*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      *pats shoulder* It's gonna be okay... ;)

      Delete
  4. Lol! Have an amazing time at your cousins!
    Wait... you're doing the summer reading program? It's January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do :)

      It's summer over here in New Zealand!

      Delete