Friday, January 23, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Is it just me, or are blog awards flying everywhere right now? So first Heather, then Rachel, then Alyssa  hit me with the same award! And they all had awesome questions, so I had to answer them all at once.

On a side note, this blog award has a good name, because I know Rachel face-to-face, Heather is in America and Alyssa is in Hong Kong, yet here we all are! Amazing I tell you.

Thanks guys, each one of yall is amazing.
Rules: 
  • thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. 
  • put the award logo on your blog. 
  • answer the ten questions they’ve set you. 
  • make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. 
  • nominate ten people.

Alyssa at Insanity Inc. asked: 

Would you be a wealthy-beyond-belief merchant, a priest, a king, or an assassin? (Kudos to those who recognise the reference!)
I miss out on kudos. *sigh* I'll just eat cookies in the corner by myself. Being king sounds like a sweet deal. NOW BOW SUBJECTS, MERE MORTALS.

High/epic fantasy or urban fantasy?
Epic fantasy, I guess. I enjoy both.

What was the last classic you read? Did you enjoy it?
Oh gosh, it must have been Jane Eyre. Haha no. What a silly girl Jane was. I didn't like her at all.

What was the last book you read that was out of your comfort zone but enjoyable?
I've had a terrible run of books. Some have been out of my comfort zone, but I didn't really enjoy them. I'm not going to name names and point fingers in this post though.

A book series that you are dying to finish? (reading- or writing-wise)
Writing wise, my fantasy, my brain explodes when I start to think about it. Currently I'm editing the first one, and pretending the second one isn't 20, 000 words in on the computer because otherwise I'll get distracted from editing.

A book you really really want to read/write?
I want to read The Maze Runner. I've been waiting FOREVER.

You are about to be marooned on an island. You get a pistol and a book. Which book?
ONLY ONE BOOK? THAT IS CRUEL! I like. The Bible, hands down.

Which subject would you love to read/write a nonfiction book about?
Write about horses, read about horses.

What do you drink when you're reading or writing?
Coffee (for early morning HAHA writing) or peppermint tea (for late nights, which might run on into early mornings).

Favourite book-to-movie adaptation?

In general, I feel that movies make a hash of the book. But Perks of a Wallflower was done very well.

Heather at Sometimes I'm a Story asked: 

You’re about to be thrown in jail with a fictional character of your choice—who is the character and how do you escape?
I want Will from Rangers Apprentice. Our escape depends on how we are imprisoned... Between the two of us, we would be out in no time. Do I get to keep him afterwards?

What is your favorite social media site?

Twitter I guess. I also like Pinterest and Tumblr. ALSO GOODREADS PEOPLE.

If you were a deity [YOU], what sacrifices would you demand from your pilgrims?
FIRST gifts of books. SECOND gifts of cookies. THIRD a piece of your anatomy. Like a finger or something. In return, I offer better movie writers and directors so that the movie edition of your favorite book is done properly. (SOMETHING WE ALL NEED, AM I RIGHT?)

Which is more important to you: a satisfying ending or relatable characters?
Meh, that's hard. I don't care about the end if the characters aren't relatable. But if the end is bad, I struggle to relate to the characters (if they make a decision in the end) or I just feel cheated out of a story. The question is: is plot king? Or is character king? I PROPOSE A FIGHT TO THE DEATH TO FIND THE ANSWER.

What is the hardest thing for you to write about?
Emotion. I do death and sunsets and dialogue. I do not do emotion very well at all.

What are the top seven ways you would repurpose a lonely sock?
I would match it too another one, hide money in it, turn it into a finger puppet, give it to a house elf, stuff it and turn it into a cat toy, compost it or hang it on the Christmas tree.

Do you have a favorite archetype to read or write? 
I like to read about characters that make me laugh. I like to write terribly mentally messed up characters.

Has a book ever given you important wedding planning advice? (for example, Princess Bride, if you skip to ‘man and wife’ it doesn’t count)
Actually, no. I won't need any advise along those lines for a long time *very hopeful, stubborn tone*

In the event that you were forced to take a ride on top of a car, how would you secure yourself?
With superglue, rope, several harnesses and I would stand up because what is life without some RISK?

What is your favorite story no one has ever heard of?
The Whale's Child by Gillian Rubinstein was just so ARRHGHHHARARAHAG I LOVE BOOKS SO MUCH sort of book, if you get what I mean?

Rachel at Stained Glass Windows asked: 

When writing, do you keep a notebook near-by to write down anything that comes to mind?
Nah. I use scraps of paper, which I keep in a box. I also have an app on my phone. I do however, have a book I keep my (organized) notes in for my fantasy. It has plot, character and story world notes.

Are you a morning, or a night person?
BRING ON THE NIGHT. The morning and I? Not pretty.

Song you have stuck in your mind?
Angel With a Shotgun, The Cab.

What was the last book you read?
The Runaway Jury by John Grisham.

What is the meaning of life?
42, am I right or what?! Cookies if you get my terribly common reference. A shower of glitter if you don't.

Have you ever just started crying when writing a scene?
Haha nope. I am a piece of frozen steak (My cousins are vegetarians. I missed out on meat for 5 days. Please excuse me while I make up for missed meat consumption). Sometimes I'm like 'this should be making me cry' but I have no tears.

Have you ever met an author face to face? If so, what was it like?
I HAVE! It was strangely normal. I was with a small group of girls my age. The author sat down with us and we just asked questions and stuff.

Tea or coffee?
How is this even a debate?! COFFEE. The blacker, the better.

Your life is now the last movie/TV show you watched. What was that? And are you happy or worried?
I watched football. I AM NOW A CHELSEA PLAYER YEAH BABY. I have no worries. I have lots of money and a nice uniform that will bring the color in my eyes out. On the other hand, I am also now a boy...

You one day stumble upon a time machine. You can go to one period in time. And you can take someone from your current time with you. Who would you take? And what where would you go? Plot twist: You have to stay in that period forever, with that one person you took with you. Chose wisely.
I can't pick one person. If I pick family or a close friend, I'll be constantly reminded of what I left behind. Neither would I want to go with a stranger, because they might chew loudly or have no understanding of OCD, things my family and friends make allowances for (yall are good people).
I think I would have to have an application process. You would have to meet standards like: being interesting, like cleaning, like books, a quiet chewer and appreciate color coding.
I wouldn't really want to go back in time, nor do I really want to know about the future. I am sorry for being very unexciting, but the present is quite nice.

I Nominate:


Horse Frenzy | Autumn | Brooke Elizabeth | TW |
Mary | Rcubed | Athelas | EmmaAnnika | Maddie |

I AM REBEL. I already had to cut my list down, so 11 it shall be. 


To right, Miss Swann, to right. I have questions! I'm such a terrible future world ruler, I am already stealing from future subjects. Please accept my apologies. 

Questions: 

What is your favorite story no one has ever heard of? We always need new, unusual books in our lives.
Your life is now the last movie/TV show you watched. What was that? And are you happy or worried? If you are the Doctor, I want to meet you.
You are about to be marooned on an island. You get a pistol and a book. Which book? Pick carefully.
Favourite type of cookie? This is very important. 
Do you dance in the rain? There is only one answer. 
What do you look for in a friend? I know that you only really need me, but I will allow you to have contact with other mortals. 
Now that I am King (or Queen, maybe), will you bring me cookies? I know you will. 
The longest you've gone without sleep? We should compare. 
What do you know about New Zealand? Be careful, I love my home. 
Tell me something you are scared of. I promise not to use the knowledge against you. 

So there we have it. That was long, wasn't it? I have a long attention span. Thank you for making it to the end. Have one of the cookies from my mortal subjects. 

20 comments:

  1. THOSE QUESTIONS ARE AMAZING. Can't wait to do this :) though it may be a while till i actually get around to it ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYGOSH xD The last question though I'm dying! Thank you for nominating me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THATS NOT GOOD. You cannot serve me when dead :P

      You're welcome :))

      Delete
    2. Not that one, the last one you asked the nominees. :P Sorry I didn't clarify

      Delete
  3. A play by play of my thoughts:

    *What?! Jane Eyre is awesome. Dislike Pride and Prejudice; it’s so dry without zombies.
    *The Bible is a lot of books, though, we just bind them all together. What if someone gets mad and you get stuck with John II or something for the rest of your little life?
    *No you don’t get to keep Will. HE IS WITH ALYSS DON’T YOU KNOW. Forever in their hearts. *wibbles*
    *Ooh, now we’re getting into anatomy sacrifices. You’re the first I’ve seen thus far. Although I can see you will be a cruel goddess.
    *Give it to a house elf! That is superb.
    *JUST CUZ YOU AREN’T GOING TO HAVE A WEDDING DOESN’T MEAN YOU SHOULDN’T KEEP TRACK. I DON’T WANT TO GET MARRIED AND I LOVE WEDDING ADVICE BECAUSE IT IS HILARIOUS. PAY MORE ATTENTION, WOMAN.
    *42, the roll of a die, no? (Yes, I know it is Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.)

    Also, Elizabeth is perfect GIF use. Thanks for accepting the nomination! 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) That should be a ☺.

      2) Did you get rid of moderation?

      Delete
    2. Jane is a very silly girl who annoyed me to no end.

      Good point, I didn't think of that.... Perhaps I would like Proverbs

      WHY CAN'T I HAVE WILL?! ALYSS SHOULD SHARE.

      *evil laugh*

      BUT I ALREADY KNOW THE BEST WEDDING ADVISE: Don't have a wedding :P

      Haha you're welcome. Thanks for tagging me!

      And yes, I did while I was away, and I haven't turned it back on because I'm to lazy :)

      Delete
    3. Gahhh. You'll have to elaborate for me sometime, because I can't see how you think so.

      Proverbs is good. Not much of a plot, but even though Solomon was crazy and decided God didn't matter or something (I don't know; this guy is an enigma for me) he had some good stuff to say.

      BECAUSE POLYGAMY IS ILLEGAL, THAT'S WHY.

      WELL, YEAH. Sure, don't have a wedding. But weddings are fun because they're a great setting for death and despair... You can't do that when you just sign up at the courthouse. :P

      Oooh, I see. I hadn't noticed. Glad you participated. :)

      Delete
    4. I could probably do a post on it xD

      True. But I could busy myself by memorising all the wise advise. Psalms would be another one.

      IT'S NOT FAIR. SHARING IS CARING.

      Hmmm yeah. I'd quite like to write a wedding of despair and death. *more evil laughing*

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tag! Awesome answers and questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love your answers. COOKIES. PEPPERMINT TEA. MAZE RUNNER. All such awesome things. And I can't believe I didn't think of giving the sock to house elves. Dobby is a FREE ELF. Congratulations on being triply awarded!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreeded!

      DOBBY IS A FREEEEEE ELLLLF!!!!!! *melts into pile of sobbing glitter because Dobby is a dead elf*

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. I have already answered all the questions and done a blog post with the award. Procrastination can do that to you, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot. I forgot to put my link in the above comment. Here ya go! http://mary.burroughstribe.com/2015/01/23/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award/

      Delete
  7. Yes! I was hoping you would nominate me for this one! I can't wait to answer these questions!! *Happy dance!!!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Joins in happy dance* I can't wait to read your post!

      Delete