Thursday, February 19, 2015

30 Things You Might Not Have Known....


Have you ever guessed at what a future world ruler does with her time, what she eats, or how she thinks? Guess no longer! I have complied a list of 30 things you might not have known about me.
  • I have tried to dye blonde streaks into my hair, but they didn't show up. I have dyed purple streaks into my hair. 
  • At the end of last year, I picked up my dad's guitar and now I play it everyday. 
  • I try to run 1.6k everyday (I plan to increase the distance, but that means more time). 
  • I've read four books in less than 24 hours. 
  • I pretty much live on salad and milkshakes when I'm not at school.
  • If something I'm buying comes in purple, I will most likely buy purple. 
  • I consider it good if I get 6 hours of sleep on a school night.  
  • I tried to teach Hunter to stand like a meerkat, but he didn't like it very much. 
  • Despite being the writer, I regularly lose to my sister when we play Quiddler. 
  • I am the shortest member of my family, barely making it to 5'9". 
  • I often write quotes or something my characters said on my arms. 
  • If I don't have at least two cups of coffee in the morning, I get headaches. 
  • I am scared of having my ears pierced, but want a tattoo. 
  • During the weekend, I tend to leave my phone on silent in my bedroom while I do other things.
  • I cook dinner at least once a week. 
  • I never use the phone to ring people because I find the ordeal very nerve wracking. I will pick it up though. 
  • Sometimes I wake up in the night, or don't go to sleep, so I write several pages of something about my characters that isn't going in the story. 
  • When I entered my teens, I never shut my curtains, now I never open them. 
  • When reading mine or someone else's writing, I read the dialogue out loud to see how comfortable and natural it is.
  • I often forget that I have left New Zealand and have been on a plane. 
  • I dislike being told I'm smart, because I think I'm very average, I just work hard. 
  • My reputation as a Christian and having red hair proceeds me among my peers.
  • My mother taught me to knit and sew, but I have no interest in either. 
  • When I was homeschooled, I learnt how to arrange flowers. I have never needed the skill. 
  • I cannot think of an event when my whole family was on time.
  • I don't use measuring cups after the first few times of making a new dinner recipe, and I make changes to the recipe. 
  • I dislike it when people chew loudly, the sound makes me want to scream.
  • Routine makes me feel secure, and I will only break out of it once I feel that it is a solid routine. 
  • I am a firm believer in that if you are allowed to watch Narnia, you should be allowed watch Harry Potter. 
  • I eat two eggs on toast for breakfast. 
Do you identify with me in any way? Or are we complete opposites?

 
Wild Horse never realised how weird she is. 

20 comments:

  1. Ooh, lots of interesting facts here. I don't write writerly tidbits on my skin, but I do scribble and doodle on my schedulebook a lot. And as for the Narnia and Harry Potter debate ... well, one of my friends was allowed to watch Gone Girl, but not LOTR. Honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hate writing on myself, but I can't stand having messy exercise books, so now I write/draw on myself instead.

      People can make some weird decisions, can't they?

      Delete
  2. Reading dialogue out loud is a super good tip. I find myself doing it a lot while editing, and it helps smooth out the areas that sound awkward.
    I like purple, but blue is my favorite color, so I own lots of blue things. xP
    You run 1.6k every day? Wow. I move so little in my day, it's embarrassing. :p Good for you, though. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hate awkward dialogue, it makes reading award.

      PURPLE IS DA BOMB.

      Haha I have to walk 1.6k to the bus everyday now school is back, and I hurt my ankles, so not everyday in the last two weeks. But as a general rule I build time for it into my day.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you on the Harry Potter vs. Narnia debate (*eye roll* PLEASE) but 5'9"? THAT I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY. I'm like, eight inches shorter than that. Ugh. Piercings aren't that bad, though. They're like getting your ears stapled. (Haha, that doesn't help, I know.) Anyway, it is always good to learn a little more about our future world rulers (*smirk*) so I find this incredibly useful—I mean, ah, fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I honestly don't understand how one is more evil than the other xD I would happily give you 3 inches xD

      STAPLED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

      You are making me feel like the sharing of these facts is undermining my future world domination somehow... ;)

      Delete
    2. Believe me, I would treasure those three inches until I started having bone degenerative problems in my seventies. XD

      IT ONLY HURTS FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR OKAY SORRY SORRY BYE

      Well, they've said before that it's a good idea to know your competition...

      Delete
    3. Haha xD

      ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS MY EAR HAVING A STAPLE IN IT.

      There is no competition... I am a clear winner MWAHAHAHAHAH xD

      Delete
  4. I always, always loss at Quiddler! I don't think I have ever won at it before.
    Ugh! I am literally scared of the phone. I don't like calling people, and I don't like answering the phone when some on else calls. *sheepish smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

      I don't mind saying hi then handing mum or dad the phone. Talking...? Not so much haha.

      Delete
  5. YOU'RE FIVE FOOT NINE HOOOOOW??????????

    And yes, getting your ears pierced does slightly feel like your getting them stapled. FOR LIKE FIVE SECONDS. THEN IT'S DONE.

    AND I TOTALLY FEEL THE CURTAIN THING. I was like OOH SUNLIGHT IN THE MORRRRRRRNING. now i'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, PLEASE.
    also there's this thing of where i'm slightly scared someone will look into my room and be like what kind of monster never cleans up their room. (my sisters... JKKKK)

    I HATE HATE talking on the phone. I can't do any of it, calling someone or answering it. Just, no.

    SALAD AND MILKSHAKES. LUCKY.

    I quite enjoyed this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I GREW OKAY I DON'T KNOW IT JUST HAPPENED.

      But still!

      Haha my room is very tidy (part of my OCD, hi), but the light. IT BURNS.

      Talking is the worst part. I can say "hi" and "I'm good yeah", but after that I have nothing.

      I KNOW VEGETABLES ARE AWESOME.

      Haha thank you :)

      Delete
  6. I just dyed blond streaks in my hair! And since I have brown hair, they did show up...but if I dyed purple streaks, they probably wouldn't show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LUCKY. But purple is awesome. And I looked pretty awesome *nods*

      Are you going to post some pics of your blonde streaks on your blog?? Pllllleasssse?

      Delete
  7. Yess....I agree with the phone thing completley. I just don't do it...
    and I have my ears pierced, but definitely not planning for a tattoo :))
    PURPLE? PURPLES STREAKS? YESSSSSSSSSS. I really want to temporarily streak my hair with violet sometime..just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Violet would be awesome. I didn't think I would really enjoy changing part of my hairs color, but I really liked it while it lasted.

      Haha all cool- a tattoo has been a long time wish of mine.

      Delete
  8. I love reading facts about other bloggers, and I've seen a few of these recently. I definitely want to write one of these kinds of posts for my blog. Yay for running! I actually haven't gone running for a while because my cross country season ended at the beginning of December. I had been running 4-8 miles a day 6 days a week for five months and I was pretty exhausted, so I took a break. Now I feel like a couch potato, haha.

    How did you read 4 books in 24 hours?!? You speedy reader! :)

    And how do you even function on 6 hours of sleep? Is that even a thing? I consider it bad when I get 7 hours of sleep because I am so not a morning person.

    5'9''. Hehe. That is so tall. You should see me in all my shortness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, write one! Rachel and Stained Glass Windows just did it as well. It needs to be a thing!!

      Thats crazy, I don't blame you for taking a break! I did the same with my writing after I had NaNoWriMo and my exams at the same time.

      Haha yeah. I like to read, and after time with people its the best way for me to regenerate :)

      It is a thing! I tend to sleep very very deeply once I do fall asleep, so maybe thats why I don't need so much. I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination either xD

      Delete