Saturday, February 14, 2015

Epic Reads Tag


Okay, so if yall haven't noticed, recently I have fallen seriously in love. WITH BOOKS (I'm not about to leave my cat filled, bookish, single future behind). So when I was reading Inklined (a blog I used to be waaaay to scared to comment on) I was excited to see Sarah had a tag, about books. And then when I got to the end, she had tagged me. I was like 'naaaahhh.' So I clicked on my name and it bought me to my blog and I was like 'yaaaaaaaaay!' 

It's very childish of me, but whenever I know people are aware of the existence of my blog and they leave a comment or tag me I'm just like:
You could tell me my blog is the worst thing you have ever read, and I would just be like 'thank you for reading!' (also, isn't a cat gif the best thing ever??) 

Anyway, onward to the tag! Since this started as a vlog-thing, rather than blogging, there isn't really any set down rules. You just answer the 8 questions, then tag others. Which means I can roll out my list of awesome people! TAG EVERYONE is my blog motto. 

Question 1:
If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?


Tea? Thats terribly British. And kind of New Zealand-ish as well, I admit. I would have Markus Zusak and Liesel. I would serve them alphabet soup and home made bread. We would talk about words.

Question 2:
What book do you wish the author would write the prequel for?


I've always wondered about Katniss Everdeen's parents.

Question 3:
Which two characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?


Would anyone agree on Marlee from The Selection and Park from Eleanor & Park?

Question 4:
If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and only could say one sentence to them who is it and what would it be?


Ally Carter. And I would say 'Your books are so amazing how do you do it I want to be as amazing as you can you please give me the best writing advise you have ever heard also how do you edit and how many times did you get rejected before you got published did you always want to be a writer do you listen to music while you write?'

 I could do it in one sentence because us Kiwi's have a talent for talking fast and to American's, it sounds like we are running everything together. Try saying that without breathing and stopping. Can you?

Question 5:
What book made you a reader and why?


ALL THE BOOKS. I'm not kidding when I say this: It wasn't books that made me into a huge reader. What really happened was that I got this infection (I can't remember what it was called and the longer I think about it, the harder it gets. It was itchy, but it wasn't Chicken Pox) which meant I couldn't go to school for a while (weeks, if I remember correctly). While I was stuck at home, I didn't have anything else to do, so I spent days reading. After that, my reading skills improved hugely, so I was able to enjoy reading. To this day, I am by far the fastest reader in my family. 

So sorry, there wasn't any book in particular that made me decide I wanted to become a nerd that gains muscle from carrying books but sadly lacks the nerdy glasses.

Question 6:
Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught fire! What is the one book you would save?


One book? What is it with tags and cruel questions related to only having one book?! My Bible, because it has highlighted places and notes I've done and nice notes/card people have given me over the years.

Question 7:
Which dystopian world would you want to live in and why?

Hmmmm. Don't judge, but the world Divergent is set in. The draw of being able to spend my whole life learning and improving systems in Erudite is huge. If it was used for good.

Question 8:
What is your most Epic Read of all time?

Heist Society, of course. But I should branch out a bit. I also love The Book Thief. Whenever I'm explaining why a book I really liked didn't quite make 5 stars for me, I normally say 'it just didn't have the same spark The Book Thief/Heist Society have. It was good, but it just didn't connect like The Book Thief/Heist Society did for me.'

I tag! (in alphabetical order!)

+ Any other who happens to want to do this

Go forth and tell me about your epic reads! :) 

Wild Horse just had her first full week of school for the year. Over the weekend, she plans to accomplish many things, including reading and studying. Wild Horse does not like to fail and has her heart set on doing very well at school this year. She is not an overachieving, perfectionist nerd with OCD. She calls it dedication. 


10 comments:

  1. Love your answers. I want to let you know that I am working on that tag, I just have been really lazy about blogging the past 2 weeks or so. But it will be published soon!!

    Love the kitty snuggling Ed Sheeran! I See Fire is one of my favorite songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [Sorry I published the post before it was done!!]

      I like Lego House most of all, even though it's quite old :)

      Delete
  2. Your answers are great! I too have no idea which book made me a reader, I guess it all added up to making me the avid reader i am today. *slips on invisible nerd glasses*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [Sorry I published the post before it was done!!]

      Thanks :)) Haha I have them too xD

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me. I love your answers. It's such a cool tag, I've been wanting to do this one ever since I saw the original video!

    http://rachywriter.blogspot.co.nz/2015/02/epic-reads-tag.html

    (^ my tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect timing on Valentine's Day, I must say! But on the Hunger Games prequel idea, I would def be more interested in past victors and/or District 13 than Katniss' parents. Not to say that they wouldn't be an interesting dynamic, but I'm really more a fan of the intrigue and thriller stuff compared to heartrending romance.

    Also, I can read the entire sentence to Ally Carter in one breath with suitable fangirl excitement. So there ;P And thank you so much for tagging me! I'll be writing up the post very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm yeah, that is a good point. I was thinking more about what is was like for her mum to lose her friend to the Hunger Games (if I remember correctly? I probably don't.)

      I finally got to touch a copy of All Fall Down today, and I was more excited that I should have been xD

      Awesome, can't wait!

      Delete
  5. If we're totally honest, I would pick Death's character over Liesel's. Can you imagine having a conversation with Death? XD That's so curious how you got started reading through an infection, though, but it's awesome!

    Thanks for tagging me; I'll get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm weird like that ;)
      Welcome :) Yay!

      Delete