Monday, May 4, 2015

Guest Post: Jo Day



Today I'm pleased to introduce a blogging friend! Jo Day has an amazing blog with equally amazing posts and she is super talented at blog design. We share the same personality (INTJ) and live in the same hemisphere, which makes me happy, because I feel New Zealand and Australia are under represented in teen bloggers. Please extend a warm welcome to Jo!


☁☁☁

Jo, also known as Pun Master or Pirate Overlord, is a Jack of no trades, master of one. She runs The Bearable Blog, where she posts her thoughts, rants, writings, reviews and tutorials. She wishes you luck, and hopes you will take a bus to her internet village.

Hey there Jo, thanks for figuratively being here today. I’ve been dying to ask since I first started following you blog: why call your blog Bearable? Do you like bears?
In the land of Pun Masters, I am the best of the worst. When I started this blog, I knew that my tone would be light, friendly, possibly humorous, so I wanted to use a pun. I almost chose something to do with giraffes, but I liked the double meaning placed on this bear pun (my rants can be unbearable, sometimes).

Giraffes make me laugh, but I like your double use of the word. If I understand correctly, you live in Australia, which happens to be across the ditch from New Zealand. Do you participate in jokes about us Kiwi’s for fun? Are you one of those who think Pavlova was originally Australian?
I do pull jokes, that's accurate, but it's all good-natured. And I actually thought Pavlova was originally Italian. Oops.

So do I, but just for fun (unless we are talking about Rugby or Phar Lap. Then it's war). Pavlova is all New Zealand! What are some of your favourite bands? Do you like a range of music, or just one genre?
My genre of music is 'good music', but my iPod consists mostly of Alternative, Punk Rock and Classic Rock. I like Green Day, Arctic Monkeys, My Chem Romance, The Beatles, Queen, OneRepublic. Oh, and Lindsey Stirling/Taylor Davis.

Yes to Arctic Monkey's and OneRepublic! Do you listen to music while writing?
If I did, the songs would be called 'Mum making dinner' and 'Dad typing away on his computer', featuring 'Jo's blogging noises'. I like background noise because it's familiar, but music distracts me from writing.

That's amazing! I can't write with background noise. Do you have a motto you try to live by?
"Trust your intuition", because my intuition usually turn out to be right, and I spend a lot of time overthinking things and using logic only to get things wrong.

I tend to do that as well, but often what first comes to mind is right. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I play the piano, listen to music and read. A lot.

I read a lot as well, but lately my reading time as been eaten up by football practise. Do you play a sport? Why or why not? What is your favourite sport to watch?
Not professionally, but I love archery, badminton, tennis and swimming! Especially archery because I feel like Merida from Brave or Katniss! And I like watching soccer. FIFA World Cup hype!

YES YES YES Football World Cup hype! I'm still not over Brazil's losses last time. Arg. I hope to visit Brazil one day, do you want to travel anywhere? Where? Why?
U to the S to the A! I think media influenced me and turned the US into this shiny place in my mind. Although it's capitalist and...I'll stop before I start ranting about politics. Oops.

And most importantly... Chocolate or Vanilla ice-cream? Or neither?
OH NO. I can't choose, so I'll have to say strawberry is by far the best!

Thanks for interviewing me! It was cool working with you :)
Thanks for answering my questions!

What kind of ice-cream do you like? Do you follow Jo's blog? Do you watch any sport?
Also, if you haven't, it would be great if yall could do my blog survey! May the fourth be with you! 
_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal found out that the word 'Pom' is really only used by Australian's and New Zealander's. Do any of y'all know what we mean when we call a person a 'Pom'?  


33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A Pom is someone from England xD

      Delete
  2. What is a Pom? Both of you are INTJs! Whoa! One of my book characters is an INTJ, and it's really hard to write because not only is it the rarest personality type in the world (I know Truity says otherwise, but other websites say that it's really rare) but I'm an INFP, and to try to convey my character's actions into the personality type is difficult, but for her to be like this is essential to the plot.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an INFP too! I've never met anyone with my type! Hooray! :D

      Delete
    2. We are indeed rare in the world, but there is a collection of us on the internet. You can email me any questions you have about the type if you like :)

      Delete
    3. *sticks head in shyly* INFJs are actually the rarest type in the world. INTJs are the rarest type in females. *cough cough* I may or may not also be an INTJ. There are hoards of us online, but we rarely venture into the real world.

      Delete
    4. Well, I took the test and got INFP twice and ISFJ once, so... :P
      I'VE GOT MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES, lol

      Delete
    5. Often when you are still maturing/changing, your personality changes- mine took a while to settle :)

      Delete
    6. INTJ females are so rare in real life, but for some reason we seem to stick to blogging. :') I totally get the multiple personality thing, I got INFJ in one test before!

      Delete
    7. Haha yes, there does seem to be a lot of us blogging- it's nice :)

      Delete
  3. Arctic Monkeys and OneRepublic yassss. BUT U.S. SUCKS DON'T COME HERE Okay maybe it doesn't "suck" but it's like the most boring and disappointing place to travel ever. Go somewhere fun like South America or the Middle East. Here we're so obsessed with money that we don't even welcome visitors. *eye roll* I actually wanna go to Australia some day!

    "Pom" either means "prisoner of mother England" or slang for "immigrant". *whispers* thanks Google.

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But there are sights to see! And you can go to south (?) America over the border, to like Mexico?
      We use the word Pom to refer to people from England, but it also means that :)

      Delete
  4. loved this interview! Jo has an awesome sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for having me! :D twas fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun having you, thanks for coming :)

      Delete
  6. Aw what a fun interview! I cannot write with background noises either...need my music ;) Speaking of which, Lindsey Stirling for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pom is kind of like a cheerleader, but with pom-poms. Eh? Or maybe a pomeranian dog? No idea.

    Anyway, this is an awesome interview, Jo, and it's interesting to hear other perspectives! I hope you get to world-travel someday, and I can't say I agree with you on strawberry ice cream, but still, you might as well treat yourself after this post! :) Thanks for being interviewed, Jo, and also, thanks for hosting, Opal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its someone from England :) Glad you enjoyed the interview!

      Delete
  8. Believe me, we Americans are for the most part none too happy with our government right now, either. :P Can't wait for the presidential elections so that we get someone new...and hopefully (by a long shot) better. I want to get to England, and my back up plan in case the US tanks is to move to Switzerland. *nods*
    CHOCOLATE! And May the Fourth be with you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay chocolate! I hope you get to visit England someday :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I have no idea what "pom" means. But I have just seen your above explanation that it is someone from England...so you'd call both my parents poms?

      Delete
    3. Haha yeah- I know two older people who moved to NZ from England, and they named their boat Pom-Pom as a joke :)

      Delete
    4. My great aunt (who I've never actually met) lives in New Zealand.

      Delete
    5. That's cool :) North or South island?

      Delete
    6. My mum says that the town name sounds Japanese.

      Delete
  9. Come to the best place in the US of A, Colorado. I'm in Colorado, so that's what makes it the best state here. There are also mountains to hike, hippies to watch, rivers to raft, skies to admire, and no oxygen to breath! lol
    I also enjoy listening to Taylor Davis and OneRepublic.

    P.S. I almost flipped out when you said you play football. I was like, I didn't know teen girls play football! I haven't played American football in ages. And then it hit me... soccer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to visit Colorado. Haha yeah :)

      Delete
  10. Ohhhh, I never knew that about the Bearable Blog's title! I desperately need music for my writing :/ Not much a fan of football, but hey, ice cream is for everyone :D

    ReplyDelete