Saturday, June 20, 2015

Opal is Lost


Opal is unsure about Opal Swirls. She doesn't know where it's going, she has no idea what to post most of the time. She doesn't know what you want to read or learn about. So Opal has put some polls into this post to find some things about about what you want (Opal likes polls at the moment). Opal is talking about herself in third person for some reason.

You don't have to answer all my questions, but I'd just like to know what you think.  So, without further ado... Thank you in advance!

When I post, are my posts lacking in anything? Do I go overboard? Tick all that apply!

Opal's posts need...

More pictures
More gifs
More humour
Less pictures
Less gifs
Less humour
To be longer
To be shorter
Other
Please Specify:

The types of posts you enjoy are probably varied, and I know I like to post whatever is on my mind. However, a lot of the time, I am frozen by choice or I have no idea what to post at all. What would you like? Tick all that apply!

What sort of posts do you like?

About writing
Opal's writing
Blog tags/award
About books
About Opal's life
Lessons Opal has learnt
How to ____________
Interviews
Other
Please Specify:

I love interviewing other people, and I don't mind being interviewed either. Do you like reading about interviews? Would you be interested in being interviewed on Opal Swirls?

Regarding interviewing...

I would like to interview Opal
I would like Opal to interview me
I would like to swap interviews


Have anything else to say? Email me at opalswirls@gmial.com

Do you know your blogs purpose? How did you find it? How did you know what you wanted to blog about? How do you come up with post idea's? Does blogging ever feel like a drag? Do you have any tips for me? 
_______________________________________________________________________________
Opal was up very late last night thinking about this, analysing her blog stats, reading articles and panicking over everything.  Maybe what she is most terrified of is people just stopping visiting Opal Swirls because they don't like it. 

15 comments:

  1. For me... I guess I basically messed around for a year until I narrowed it down to three topics I could consistently talk about: blogging, writing, and reading, and how they all relate to my life. I know it still causes a ton of crappy content all the time, but it does give me a better focus of the things I want to say. I think when blogging feels like a drag, it's time to take a break—usually I spend that time giving encouragement to other people's blogs. But when it's time to think of things again, I mostly look for things I can have an opinion about and then share those. Anyway, I still love Opal Swirls VERY much and you should know that it's definitely one of my favorite blogs out there. Don't give up! And if you need to bounce ideas off of someone, just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog :)
      Taking a break might be a good idea, concentrating on others as well.
      Thank you so much, I'm glad you like Opal Swirls :)

      Delete
  2. *showers you with fuzzy feelings* It's normal to have doubts -- I know I did for a really long while! I love practically all your posts, so that's great. I still haven't founded my "niche" properly yet, but it's somewhere in the intersection of the written word and Chinese culture and general dark humour. So maybe take a break, think about what you want to say to the world (and take a look at those poll results!), and we look forward to you coming back even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one.
      I've never really thought about what I want to say before, so I should do that.

      Delete
  3. Hey, it'll all come together! :) I kinda-sorta found my blog's purpose by just writing about what I love! Find the things you are most passionate about & run with it. There's no point in writing about something you don't like JUST to gather followers or please your audience ONLY... Write to satisfy yourself, people will catch on to that & realize "Oh, here's a blogger who truly enjoys what she's doing. Her passion shows through her writing!" <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point- I guess part of the point of a blog is to connect with people who love the same thing as you.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Yeah, and Autumn loves voting on polls.
    Opal Swirls is really a great blog and yeah, it is pretty normal to know where your blog is going. I still haven't figured out my blog's niche either. Looking forward to upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is fantabulous! I actually read all the posts, even if I don't comment all the time, BECAUSE YOUR CONTENT IS JUST THAT GOOD. Sorry for the shouty voice. :') Honestly, I love your posts, but if you have doubts, I understand. I tried to find my blog purpose and lead it into one direction, but it's kind of messy right now. I'm okay with that though, as long as people like the content. Do what you like doing, don't do tags or etc if you don't like it, that's the important thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Forgot to mention: I tagged you for something on my blog!)

      Delete
  6. I love reading your blog. I particularly like your more thoughtful peices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved taking the survey first of all! Every time I see a new post from you, I'm just so excited to read it. The format and design of your blog also makes me really happy!
    Sometimes, especially this past year, I've felt like it's hard to come up with creative things to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Same here :)

      Delete