Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Writer Problems



Spending ages on a chapter, then having to bin it.

Thinking of a great idea in bed, falling asleep before you write it down, forgeting it when you wake up.

Reading 'rules' for writing, and breaking them because you're totally a rebel.

Asking Google questions like 'what is the best way to hide a body' or 'how long does it take to drown'.

Reading your old writing.

Those middle chapters.

Someone always interrupts you when you get in the flow.

Trying to explain to people that you don't have to be published to be a writer.

Needing to write but having nothing to write.

Do you have any writer problems? Do you relate to any of the problems above? If you're a writer, how's your writing going?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal is now on Instagram

17 comments:

  1. Literally me last week- *googles how many murders take place annually in the US*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "reading your own writing" gif is the most accurate thing ever.
    Who am I kidding these are all the most accurate things ever. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. *giggles* Oh, my life, my life, my very much life. Opal, you have done it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LITERALLY. This post is so on point.
    Thanks so much for creating this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate. This is a very accurate representation. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the aim :) Glad you connected with it :)

      Delete
  6. This is perfect. :) I mean, I'm going for publication, so it's a little different, but I've still had people look at me like, "Oh, you think you're a writer--that's cute. Come back when you're published and a REAL writer and then I'll take you seriously", which is rather annoying.

    But yeah, these are all perfect.

    ReplyDelete