Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Waiting For a Book Release


When it comes to some books, ASDFGHJKL!!!!!, am I right? One of the best things in the world is finding that a book you love is the first in a series.


You realise that the first two or three books have been published. So you read them as fast as possible.


AND THEN YOU HAVE TO WAIT. Because writing and editing and editing and editing and printing is a long process.


The physical pain is real. You might re-read the series. Or scroll through Tumblr to look at fan art. You need someone who understands what you are going through.


You have to distract yourself with other books (the bigger and shinier the cover, the better).


Then, once release day comes, you might have to wait longer still. To go to the book store, to find a copy, to fight for one from the library.


But when you get that book?


And it's just-


Then you finish it and have to start the process again, until the entire series is over (why do awesome series have to end???)


Which book(s) are you hanging out to read? What's the worst part of waiting for a book? What do you do while waiting for a book? 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal wrote this post in honour of the Throne of Glass series which she agonises over daily. Opal has to wait until September for the next book. SEPTEMBER. 

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely hate waiting for books to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... It's BAD when it's in a series. (Part of why I try to not get involved until all the books are released! LOL!) And as usual, your gifing skills are perf!! Excellent post, dear! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. I just can't help it?? I see the book and I want it and-
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. THIS POST. I always get so excited when I see your GIF posts because they are so relatable. *nods* I haven't read more than just Throne of Glass, so I'm more freaking out about getting my hands on the sequels that have been published. But the sequel to Illuminae comes out in October, and I'm dying. I NEED IT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! That's so nice to hear :))
      UM THRONE OF GLASS IS AWSOME GO AND READ. I'm pretty excited for the Illuminae sequel too :)

      Delete
  4. I'm desperately waiting for The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater to come out. Also the sequel to Leigh Bardugo's Six of Crows. Annnd A Time to Rise by Nadine Brandes.

    I think the worst part is being hold number 86 on a book from the library. -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES OH MY GOSH. I can't wait for The Raven King :)

      86?!?! Crazy! :O

      Delete
  5. LITERALLY ME RIGHT NOW WITH CALAMITY BY BRANDON SANDERSON. Ack. I needs it. Now. o.o Just even more days eeeeeep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I am here for you :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness I just experienced this. For a whole year. It. Is. The. Worst. (That book was Morning Star by Pierce Brown and it crushed me in the end.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A WHOLE YEAR. I understand what that must have been like. I hope you're okay now??

      Delete
  7. Ah, I love these gif posts :) And my latest experience with this was Star Wars! I spent so long just rewatching all the old movies (and debating whether to rewatch the new movie but too expensive, whoops) and reading ALLLLL the fanfiction. This is so relatable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you liked it and can relate :)

      Delete
  8. So when I was a young thing, I only read Classic novels. I was a tiny, well-spoken book snob, which I do not regret. A benefit of reading books by authors who are all dead is that you never experience having to wait for the next book in a series to come out, so I was also a serial book-binger.
    Then I read the Eragon books before the last book was available. And the wait was torture.

    Now that I've fully become a convert to YA (though I still adore the classics), I've experienced this torture SO MANY MORE TIMES. Most lately, it was with Winter by Marissa Meyer. Now I'm DYING over The Raven King. Ah the problems of no longer being a book-snob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I was never really into classics :)
      ERAGON. I loved those books :') I didn't have to wait to long for Winter, thank goodness. But The Raven King?? *Slowly withers*

      Delete