Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hello June | Recently



May was half humid days, then half glorious rain. It also marked my being half way through my last year of school. I got my glasses and now I can see the world is all it's glory.

All the rain did mean we've only played one football game so far this season (we won 7-1), but not being able to practise or play is driving me slightly crazy. It's basically the only downside to rain.

School has gotten crazy: I've thrown myself into my leadership role and I'm doing other things on the side: helping coach a math team, the dance group, the graphic design club, improv group. While it means I have almost no free time, it has put me in direct contact with students from across all year levels.


Rehearsals for our graduating drama performance begin in June, and we also have an entire school week dedicated to celebrating the arts in June. Most assessments have to be finished in June. It's going to be a busy month.

I normally start the academic year of slow and my first few results always smack me in the face. But May showed my results picking up and my hours of study climbing. Biology has bought out my deeply cynical side (should humans be allowed to genetically modify anything?), and I'm locked in a debate with another member of the class. Calculus remains my first love, and English is showing to be something I struggle with. Statistics is always a good class, I have a great teacher. Drama seems to have found the balance between fun and challenging.

A few sentences here and there all month, and my writing word count this month is just over 1.8k! I'm pretty happy with that.

Books:
Somehow I read 14 books again this month? When did that happen? Books are my one weakness. I can't stop reading in spare moments. Send help.

What did you read in May? Have you read any of the books I did? If so, let's talk! Do you have any recommendations? What did you do in April? How's school for you? Have you been writing? What sport do you play, if any? 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal is really sorry she hasn't been commenting on your posts! She feels really bad about it. 

14 comments:

  1. was the Siren good? I put some book reviews on my Vintage blog XD
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was okay?? Sounds awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm so impressed with the amount that you read! I need to do some major reading this summer. I may try a couple of these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! If you do, let me know which ones so we can talk :)

      Delete
  3. Love the specs. You look moody and thoughtful in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good reading month, even with your hectic schedule! I read ACOMAF this month, too, and the last hundred pages or so just blew me away. How will I wait for book 3?? And I read An Ember in the Ashes last year, and I can't wait for the sequel! Although I have forgotten a lot of what happened...

    I'm really jealous that you have a great teacher for Statistics. I like the subject, but my Stats teacher doesn't really know what she's doing. She pretends that she does, though, and then she acts as if we're stupid for asking questions about things that she's not making clear at ALL. Not a fun time. But only a few weeks left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. SEND HELP.

      That sucks :/ A good teacher makes all the difference.

      Delete
  5. I read The Rest Of Us Just Live Here :) great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For most of it I was like ?????, but also it was good :)

      Delete
  6. I've read some of those books but none in May. My standout books of May were The Raven King, The Girl With All the Gifts and The Rose and the Dagger probably. May was a big month for me-- I finished 11th grade and got some awards and did a major project and went tramping for a week and managed to relate it to said project(the project was about censorship. It was hard to relate but I did it) My school does this weird thing where all you do in May is exams and the big project. Anyway, I have holidays now. Extracurriculars are so cool-- I do newspaper and drama tech (costumes, props lights etc.) and also Model UN at my school.
    Shanti@Virtually Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I just read Raven King and Rose and the Dagger and ASDFGHJKL.

      Wow! Sounds like you have been super busy :) Model UN is awesome, one of my friends went this year :)

      Delete
  7. I have not read any of the books you read in May! That just kind of astounds me a little. Also, your week devoted to the arts sounds incredibly interesting to me! If you have time, you should share a little more about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What did you read?
      I'd love to talk more about it :)

      Delete