Monday, July 18, 2016

What Type of Reader Are You?


So many books, so little time! Am I right, or am I right? Everyone reads different things at different speeds, so I've compiled a list of 10 readers you'll probably come across.

The Slow and Steady Reader
10 minutes here and there over a few weeks, and you finish your book. You may not be the fastest reader on earth, but one book is better that none. You're slowly making your way through your responsibly sized TBR pile.


The Big Books are Best Reader
These readers laugh in the face of 600+ pages. They probably have huge muscles from holding big books. They are scary.


The Book Eater
Read a book in one sitting? Of course, there's no other way to read! Their reading speed is above average. It's highly likely they've read two books in a day.


The Reading Multitasker
Read one book at a time? Who does that?! The multitasker regally reads two or three books at a time. And they never seem to get the plots of characters mixed up. They probably suffer slightly from being an overachiever (check their Goodreads reading challenge).


The Bedtime Reader
This reader lives busy life, and only has time to read for half and hour before bed. It is an important half hour. They must not be disturbed (unless it's an emergency of epic proportions).


The Picky Reader
They once read the book above all books, and it's turned them into a picky reader. Every book they pick up they wonder is it going to be as good as [insert favourite book]. It never is.


The Buried Under TBR Pile Reader
This reader is really worried that they're going to miss out on something great if they don't take every suggestion they are given. They are probably currently holding their TBR pile up with one hand, and updating Goodreads with the other.


The Suggestion Overload Reader 
You are the reason someone else is slowly being crushed by their TBR pile. You read a good book and decide everyone else must read it immediately and suggest it to others constantly.


The Nonfiction Reader
Made up stories? Fantasy? No thank you! This reader only wants to read about the real world. They are only understood by their own kind.


The Instagram Reader
This reader reads so that they can post aesthetically pleasing pictures of reading on their instagram. Their shelves are also aesthetically pleasing. Their reading life seems to be perfect.



Sooooo! What kind of reader are you? Are you a mix of several? 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal is a book eater when school is out, but a bedtime reader during school time. 

32 comments:

  1. I AM 100% THE READING MULTITASKER. Yes. That's VERY me. :P Sadly I can't read balancing on one leg, but I do have a bit of a habit of reading several books at once. (Usually it happens when I'm less interested in one but still want to finish it. So I reward myself with reading that by reading something a lot more fun. *nods*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mix of bedtime reader and the multitasker reader. Also the person who reads while walking, between classes and at every other possible moment--but only at bedtime for long chunks of time during school :(
    Shanti @Virtually Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read between classes and while walking too :) It's so hard to get good reading time in around school :/

      Delete
  3. I am definitely the slow and steady reader, the bedtime reader and the buried under TBR pile reader *shakes fist at Suggestion Overload readers*.

    Occasionally, I'm also the Big Books are the best reader, the reading multitasker and the picky reader. Oh yes, yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alllll the readers :) Glad you relate!

      Delete
  4. I am the Slow and Steady Reader.

    This post is great! :)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sevenbloggersandtheirdolls.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm proably a combination of the The Big Books are Best Reader and the Book Eater. Super awesome post! This made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post Nabila! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness! I'm a blend of the Book Eater and the Bedtime Reader. I tend to devour books, but typically only at night!! This was such a fun post, Opal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Night time is one of the best times to read (but really, any time is reading time, right??) Thanks Grace! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm a mixture of the Book Eater, the Reading Multitasker (it explains why I run into walls 90% of the time) and the Bedtime Reader. In other words: I am divergent. XD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're basically reading twins :) Very clever book reference :P

      Delete
  8. I'm definitely the Suggestion Overload Reader, mixed with a little Big Books are Best. xD Great post!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm DEFINITELY the Buried Under TBR Pile reader and the Suggestion Overload Reader, but other than that, it's a bit of a mix. I seem to either read one book in two weeks or a book every day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that! Sometimes I read so much then I just don't seem to be able to read anything for weeks.

      Delete
  10. These are great. :) I'm a mixture of book eater and reading multi-tasker, because I have read as many as three books in a day and I have also been known to have as many as seventeen books going at once. So...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm at least 3 things- bedtime reader when school is happening/i'm busy , a suggestion overloader, the book reader, and the multitasked. This is very astute, though. Well done. (And aesthetically pleasing is a nice idea, but dud, you need to examine your motivations)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am the buried under tbr pile reader. It's a hard knock life I lead.

    Excellent post! I'm planning a "What Type of Book Buyer are You?" post similar to this one :)

    Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a little of all of them!!LOL!! I LOVE to read, just don't always have time and I LOVE big books,lol. Great post!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-book-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun post! I'm definitely a bedtime reader (though I often read for a whole hour), sometimes a multitasker, and big books are like a magnet for me (though I did put off reading Les Mis forever).

    Serena
    poetree {blog} | editing services

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post Serena! :)

      Delete
  15. Great post! I'm a mixture between Slow and Steady and Buried Under the TBR Pile. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow and steady wins the race! :)

      Delete
  16. I'm both a multi-tasker and a bedtime reader! I like to read those a lot. I have to say, as much as I've spent a lot of time reading fiction all this summer and before, I also like reading essays about the issues I care about. Nonfiction books have their perks, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than the books on horses/riding etc, I've never really read much of non fiction. I guess I should find something I'm interested in and read non fiction on it??

      Delete