Thursday, September 1, 2016

Hello September | Recently


Somehow it's September and I only posted like 3 times in August?? Honestly I didn't even see August go. Life is all go at the moment. I have drama and studying and tutoring to keep me busy, I have three students at the moment which is crazy.

This month I've done almost no reading, apart from what I need to do for Speech and Drama, which was Mr Pip (let's talk if you've read it!) and some Katherine Mansfield. I have eaten my biology textbook though. I ask my teacher questions and he's like "we haven't done this yet??" and I'm like "yes, but I want to be top year 13 bio student??"

I went to a scholarship calculus workshop, which was four hours long, and I didn't understand half of what we did, but it was super fun. Scholarship is basically another type of exam that is for the people who do really well at NCEA, and need extending. I'm doing it for drama and calculus, although I don't expect to do very well because there is way, way better people than me across the country. It's a lot of work because you have to know everything + more in the curriculum.


I'm really happy at the moment because I'm surrounded by great friends, I'm working hard and I know where I'm going with my life. Going to a university open day really focused me. I have things on everyday after school, Speech and Drama, Scholarship Calculus study session, Scholarship Drama study session, study session with a couple of friends and tutoring. I don't have a moment where I'm not thinking about something I enjoy doing. I do miss blogging and reading though.


Football finished, and we didn't do nearly as well as last season. It was sad because I'm not ever going to get to play for the school team again. I'm looking forward to joining another team next year, and playing with different people. I sneaked in a tiny bit of writing, of about 400 words (*cries*). I got to write in English, but it was a formal report.

Other than that, I have nothing exciting to report about life.

How are you guys? How was your August? What did you get up to? Are you starting school again or about to do exams? What did you read in August? What music are you listening to? Do you play a sport? Did you do any writing? How is life exciting for you?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal has been snacking while studying. Send help. 

19 comments:

  1. sounds like you're doing well! Im glad to hear that :)

    between school and work, Ive had a pretty insane week. (and its only wednesday. lol.) but, as you said, it keeps me on my toes. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate, August has passed by so fast for me, the days are too. It’s 5 PM and I swear I woke up 30 minutes ago. (in reality it was more like 8 hours ago.. Uh oh)

    I’m guessing that by football you mean american soccer unless I’m wrong but AYE i play soccer too. Good luck with your new team, sometimes new teams can be scary because you really don’t know anyone but you have to be semi outgoing and just try and make friends with your teammates.. I’m making it sound really easy but it’s not that hard either ok I should stop.

    OPAL YOU’RE SO SMART. Extended calculus? THAT’S CRAZY. *brings in studio audience to applaud you*

    My August was pretty good, I didn’t really go anywhere but I got more than enough done in my room thank you very much. (totally not just rewatching the entire doctor who show) Sadly, school IS starting.. ugh. Or maybe not ugh, we’ll see how it goes.

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! football is life <3
      Thanks!!
      Good luck with school :)

      Delete
  3. August has been excessively crazy for me; I'm starting AP Calc, which is basically the US school system's way of saying, "A college-credit recieving class you can take in high school." We're just reviewing, but my brain is still out of it and honestly, only some of the stuff that we're reviewing is coming back to my mind. It's glad to hear that you're having fun in Calculus, though! Not a lot of people enjoy the subject, but it is pretty fun. Being surrounded by good friends-- all of this is good. While you may not have had a productive blogging month, at least life is good for you. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! That makes two of us being math people :)

      Delete
  4. I wish to go back to my school days, now. Seems like, your life is too fun right now and I miss those good old golden days. I miss my friends, study hours and working hard to get top grades and scholarships :( Aww, I want those days back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to leave haha. Glad you look back fondly though!

      Delete
  5. You are a super intelligent person and someone needs to acknowledge that!

    I'm glad that life is going well for you. May more happiness come your way.

    God speed! *speeds off*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scholarship calculus sounds terrifying. I can barely handle regular math. XD

    I'm so glad that life is going well for you!!! I hope that you have an amazing September <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually SO GLAD that I finished Calculus in may and got a 5 and now don't need to worry. My August was kinda random, both of my parents were away a lot, sometimes at the same time. But there was a cool football tournament and Independece day was awesome and it was our blogoversary, so that was pretty dang exciting. Good luck with your scholarship stuff-my friends is doing scholar ship calculus which is really hard for her but she's going to be awesome. Go you! Have a great september.
    Shanti @Virtually Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. August was a fantastic (and very busy) month for me, and I'm expecting September to be even crazier. That's okay though, because September is September, and well, SEPTEMBER! (Fangirling over a month, y'all.) But humm...What did I read in August? Service Tails (about working dogs), Intercessory Prayer (about, well, prayer), and See How They Run (by Alley Carter), were three of my top reads.
    Aidyl from Noveltea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See How They Run <3
      Sounds like you had a great month! :)

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thought you ought to know I nominated you for the Wisteria Writer's Tag, which you can check out here! ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete