Saturday, October 1, 2016

Hello October | Recently


Wow, I did not get much blogging done in September. I did catch up on comments and most of your blogs though! I've been trying to be more active on social media, which is surprising hard??

September was pretty exhausting. I had mock exams, which left me reeling, then helped MC two school events and had two Speech and Drama exams. The last week has been a holiday, and I've done almost no studying and haven't answered any school related messages.


Mock results are used to calculate the Dux, which is my goal. Now that they're over, I'm done with school. I only need a couple of real exams to pass, and I'm really only interested in Biology and Calculus, which makes most days feel pretty pointless.

I have another week ahead of me in holiday's, which are going to be busy. Then about 18 days of school, then study leave, then real exams. This year has gone so fast, which I'm pleased about, to be honest. I'm going to be 18 and at university before I know it.


I have written over 5k on my WIP, which I'm super happy about. I even like some of what I've written (well, I do at the moment). I haven't named it, and I'm really lost at how to pick a name. Usually I just have a name for the draft, it doesn't really require thinking.

I read three books this month, which I'm pleased about because I'm in such a reading slump, and I was out of it after mock exams. Empire of Storms ripped me apart, the other two were pretty meh. I'm also currently reading Truthwitch.


How are you guys? How was your September? What did you get up to? What did you read in September? Have you read Empire of Storms? What music are you listening to? Did you do any writing? How do you name your first drafts? Do you name them? How is life exciting for you?
 _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal over and out, like, really fast. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you're have an absolutely crazy September!! I hope that your October is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Front Lines by Michael Grant during September. It was grand, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guess? :P I'll have to check it out :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on 5k!
    I read quite a few lovely books :) my favorite was probably The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud. I've been listening to Twenty One Pilots quite a bit, and another song I've been really enjoying is "Heaven's Gates" by Dawn Landes and Piers Faccini. It just has such a lovely autumnal vibe to it!

    I tend to give my WIPs crappy first draft names just so I have something to call it, and then later I go back and give it a better name. The two WIPs I'm currently paying attention to, books 1 and 2 in the Death of the Heavens series, got new names this month: Six Stars Bleeding and Eight Moons Breaking. I wanted them to have more cohesive titles, and I'm pretty happy with these new ones. Plus, the old titles can now be used for my other title-less WIPs!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie!
      I'll have to check those out. Those are such great names for your WIPs!!!

      Delete
  4. Good job on your writing! It sounds like your September was busy. It seems like these months always fly by so fast...I hope October is a lovely, blessed month for you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Autumn! They do indeed. You have an awesome October to :)

      Delete