Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hello November | Recently



November whhhhat?? Exams will be over in a month. I'm going to be 18 in two months! I'm going to be starting university in three months?? When did that happen? Suddenly I'm not a 13 year old sitting at my desk planning out the next 5 years of my life. I'm the almost 18 year old who hasn't followed her 13-year-old-self's plan.


I continue to tutor in math, but I wish I was teaching high school students already. There's only so many times you can encourage someone to remember their 7 times tables. I'm more interested in complex numbers and applying integration. That saying, I really enjoy it and I'm confident in wanting to train as a math teacher.

Guys, I blogged every week in October! I'm pretty happy because the last few months I've been all over the place. I also ended up writing about 10k at the beginning of the month when I was still on holiday. I also broke another pair of headphones?! Send help.


On the downside, I'm in such a reading slump! I just don't feel like reading? Hit me up with any book suggestions. I'm thinking of rereading The Great Gatsby or something.


Crooked Kingdom was so amazing! I also really enjoyed Kissing in America. Truthwitch was kind of disappointing (do not listen to it by audiobook!).

How are you? How was your November? What did you get up to? What have you been reading? Have you read Crooked Kingdom? What music are you listening to? Did you do any writing? How is life exciting for you? Tell me lots of stuff to make up for this short update!

I'm going to do a q & a vlog in November, so leave me some questions! Ask about annnyyything you want (books, life, writing, or whatever).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal finished watching Stranger Things!

12 comments:

  1. Did you end up being dux at your school? That's my goal, fyi. I also basically seem to be doing a lot of things that just stress me out (:( ) Why do you want to be a maths teacher? Summarise your WIP in 5 words. What is your favourite series? How is your cat? Do you have siblings? What is the view out your window? What will you do for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID. It was one of the most beautiful moments of my life. Good luck!!!
      Thank you for the questions :)

      Delete
  2. I listened to the Truthwitch audiobook, and it seemed like such a bland fantasy. But Maybe I should check out Kissing in America. Life is exciting because... I'm a fool who is thinking about applying to university outside of NZ??? I'm listening to lots of Birdy and Hamilton (and the Goldenhand audiobook. It's stellar)
    What are your favourite TV series? How do you decorate your room? What has been your favourite part of high school? Least favourite? How do you make decisions? What is the best advice you have ever been given? What is the funniest story you have related to technology?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so cool!! Thank you for the questions :)

      Delete
  3. I'm in a bit of a reading slump as well. :( But I'm really looking forward to reading Heartless by Marissa Meyer, and Gemina, once my library gets it! I still need to read Crooked Kingdom and Six of Crows! I keep hearing really good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to Gemina as well :) They are so good!

      Delete
  4. Yes, reread the Great Gatsby. Always reread the Great Gatsby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you tutor people for Maths. That's awesome! I was always bad at maths in school :( Well, I'm glad I don't have to do it again! :D

    I haven't done much myself, to be honest. Mainly read. Don't have any recommendations.... pretty positive you've read The Maze Runner already (currently reading).

    Also, I really like the graphic you did on top. It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it :)
      The Maze Runner was great. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. It's so weird to hink about how we're about to go to uni!! I think I'm more excited than scared, though. More freedom seems more like a blessing than anything, actually. Good luck with your math teaching, it must be pretty boring to teach multiplication tables.

    I have one recommendation. It's actually a non-fiction psychology book called Blink. It lacks structure a bit, but I learned a lot about snap judgements, among other things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jo! We've both grown up and it happened so fast ahh.

      It sounds good, I'll have to check it out! :)

      Delete