Thursday, December 1, 2016

Hello December | Recently


DECEMBER WHAAAAAAT (it is now okay to play Christmas music, which I have mixed feelings about).

On the 5th, I'm signing out of high school for the last time. I'm deeply thankful that I have done 3 years there, and I have meet some of the best people. A bit of me is sad to say goodbye to a place than has given me so much - especially to some of my teachers, I can only hope to be as a half as good as them when I'm a teacher. However, a new adventure awaits!

The year is winding down, and so far, I have finished, or am on track for completing all of my 2016 goals. This year my biggest goal was to smile, like, a lot. And I think that this year has been my happiest year since I was 9 or 10. I have made so many new friends, got back in contact with old ones, had so many laughs and good times.


At the start of the year, I casually mentioned I wanted to be my school's Dux, which is the highest performing academic student (kind of like being the valedictorian, I guess??). I mentioned it a few more times, because most of my blogging time was being spent studying. Well, it all paid off, because I was Dux, as well as the top Biology student and 1st equal in Calculus! It was a huge deal to me, and I'm endlessly thankful to all of my friends and teachers who were supportive the entire year.

Also I passed my driving test! It's such a weight off my shoulders. I didn't pass the first time around which was a bit of a shock- it was the first time I'd ever failed at anything. But being able to drive myself is nice (if not slightly stressful).


This month I even got some writing in, I think I wrote about 4k, which I'm pretty happy with. I love the story I'm writing, but I'm also itching to write something else, maybe that I planned first. I didn't plan ahead and, as you can imagine, that is causing a few continuity errors.

Reading wise, I feel firmly stuck in a non-reading mood. It just seems like so much effort at the moment. That saying, I reread the entire Throne of Glass series in November, pretty much over a week.


Tell me about youuuu human! What do you do for Christmas? Whats the best Christmas song? How's school going? What are you reading? What books would you recommend? What music are you listening to? Did you do any writing? How has life been exciting for you in November? What are you looking forward to in December? 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal has sat 6/7 of her exams. One more to go, then freedom!

14 comments:

  1. CONGRATUALTIONS ON BEING DUX! Wow, I can imagine how you must be feeling right now. Well done for having all that hard work pay off!!

    Throne of Glass is the best. <3 Which book was your favourite? I read Empire of Storms recently, and I liked it a lot better than Queen of Shadows, which is a relief!

    Does that mean New Zealand has 3 years of high school? I still have another year to go, which is both a good and bad thing. To be honest, I'm excited more than anything to be leaving. I'm excited for you because you're actually leaving! I wish you luck with your last exam. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo!!!
      I'm honestly torn up about which book I like the best. A reread of Heir of Fire made me love it more though.
      NZ has 5 years of high school, but I was homeschooled for the first two years, which are the years no offical exams take place. Thank you! I hope you have a blast in your last year, I certainly did! :)

      Delete
  2. Good job on being dux!!! (auto correct just turned that to dix which is weird). That's my goal too, although since my school is American it's called valedictorian. And finishing exams=winning. When I did NCEA I had all my exams except drama in about 2 weeks, then drama on like the second of december, by which point I was really, really done. I passed my learners test... and haven't driven a car since. (we don't have one and don't live on a road, which probably doesn't help). I read throne of glass and didn't love it, but I managed to read some contemporaries between piano exams and drama productions and trying to pass things *nods*
    Enjoy your holidays; you deserve it :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. The drama exam is always SOO late with NCEA. Every year I'm done by the time it comes around. Good luck with your studies and getting valedictorian! It's honestly the best feeling in the world :)
      Sounds like you've had a busy month!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on becoming Dux! You worked so hard! Also, congrats on getting your drivers license!

    For me, college is a bit meh.

    I only did a tiny bit of writing.

    I recommend Am I Normal Yet? And Geek Girl - All Wrapped Up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace!!
      I'll have to check those two out :)

      Delete
  4. OMG CONGRATS, GIRL!! That is so exciting. Look at you with all those trophies YOU ARE BASICALLY A STAR OKAY. *awards you many waffles* I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT CHRISTMAS MUSIC TOO. Anything after December 1st is good for me, but NOT AT ALL SOONER. idk why?? It just doesn't feel Christmas-y until December.

    Anyway, it sounds like exciting things are happening in your life!! SO PROUD OF YOU. <3 I hope you have a fabulous Christmas! :D

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! *takes many waffles*
      I KNOW, SAME. My sister and I have this rule where Christmas music is played from the 1st of December to the 31st, and that's it.
      Thank you again, and the same to you :))

      Delete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS, OPAL!!!! That's so crazy exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your driving test! And the other stuff, but driving is like, cool to me personally. Also, I spy a SJM fan. XD (My best friend is one too, so I am familiar.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      Shhhh, what gave it away?? ;)

      Delete
  7. WOW. THAT is so AMAZING! You rock! I loved this small catch up post!

    ReplyDelete