Monday, January 23, 2017

Little Life Thoughts

i have never really shared my room on the blog, which i find odd, since it's where i spend most of my time and read your blogs from. so today i'm sharing with you some snapshots of what surrounds me with some little thoughts.


okay, here's something i learnt late. it's okay to like using makeup. it's okay to use it to more feel confident on those days you need a pick-me-up.


on my desk the mug that these pens are in was given to me by a friend for my birthday when i was primary school. it's almost 10 years old. we're not friends anymore but that's cool, not all friendships last for forever.


on my desk you don't have to be good at art to have a go at it. honestly, you don't have to be good at anything to give it a go. the point is to give it a go.


above my bed so i have this little light going 24/7 and i don't see it during the day but in the middle of the night it's comforting. this is like how God is always there, even when we don't feel like he is, or understand what is happening in our lives.


on my desk i am an obsessive planner and organiser. it's how i get things done. but it's also important to be open to sudden plans because even if at the time it seems like a pain, later you'll look back on those memories fondly.


above my bed my dad got me these posters because he saw them and thought of me. that's something cool you can do for other people. let them know you think of them.


on top of my bookcase plant's are very cool. i have quite a few in my room because they have a chill vibe. if you don't have a plant in your room, go to your local garden shop and buy one. it's worth it, i promise.


beside my desk music is like art, in that you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it. i play the guitar because i like doing it. it's okay to have hobbies that you don't share with other people.


on my windowsill i've spoken fondly of the sea on the blog before, these rocks and shells keep me tied to it while i'm inland. whenever you get the chance, stand on the shore, preferably where the waves can touch you, and understand how powerful the sea is, and how powerful the God who made it must be.

have a lovely day friends xx

Any little thoughts of your own to share? 

p.s. if you could help me out by filling out a survey about Opal Swirls here, that would be awesome, thank you!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Opal is listening to the Moana soundtrack (again). 

18 comments:

  1. i love the format of this, it's so sweet. i found the same thing about makeup, there's nothing really wrong with it, in fact, it's kind of fun <3

    ~ noor

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved reading this post! It's so interesting. I'm thinking about doing a post like this sometime in the future...not sure when though haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love how you wrote this! It's so cute, and so's your room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cool! it's awesome to see little sneak peeks of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room seems so peaceful. :) I like what you say about trying things that you may not necessarily be good. If you enjoy it, then do it! I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree! Life is all about giving things a go :)

      Delete
  6. I heard that being in someone's room for 30 minutes is far more telling of someone's character than spending time with them for a week. Isn't that fascinating? But I'm not surprised. Your room has a lot of personality and character, and also your posters look like they'd be interesting to read! Oh, and I absoltuely agree that art and music can and should be enjoyed by anyone. I slip up on my piano more often than not but I'd never stop playing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so interesting! I've never really thought about my friends rooms before, but they do say a lot about them :)

      Delete
  7. I like how neat your room is ^^ Wish mine could be more organised. Thank God I started bullet journalling this year. Now I'm more productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit of a neat freak to be honest ;) I'd love to know more about bullet journalling!

      Delete
  8. All these things in your room are so cute. I especially really like the light figure, because it seems... I don't know. It reminds me of a kind of aesthetic but I don't know what it is. But, between the paintbrushes and the rocks and the posters, I can see that there is a bout of loveliness, and the aesthetic need only appeal to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my little light :) Thank you :))

      Delete